Skyrim mod app-store

#1Blue_TomatoPosted 11/7/2011 7:56:26 AM

It would be awesome with a Skyrim mod app-store, where independent modders could sell their mods and have them quality assured to make sure they work well with other mods. I would gladly pay for good mods, and for the convenience of easy install. :)

#2AskeladdPosted 11/7/2011 7:58:31 AM
You would pay for something that is free, and want them to easier to install than "un-zip and place in game directory folder."

o_o ...
---
"Hold the heathen hammer high with a battle cry, For the pagan past I live and one day will die, Hold the heathen hammer high, never turn away"
#3Iron_MosesPosted 11/7/2011 7:58:41 AM
Well I dont think you could sell them for real money without running into legal problems, but I would like to see a better mod database run by the devs. I really cant stand TESNexus anymore.
---
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/thorhammer91/libertranshuman.png
#4PegasusFantasyPosted 11/7/2011 7:59:32 AM

Delete your post before Bethesda reads this and actually implements this stupid idea.

QUICK.

#5ShibutoPosted 11/7/2011 8:08:02 AM
No...NO...plz none of that, mods are free and that's the end of it...leave that app store BS to the crappy DLC model.
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292
#6Blue_Tomato(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2011 8:11:29 AM

alucard dracula posted...
You would pay for something that is free, and want them to easier to install than "un-zip and place in game directory folder."

I believe paying means better mods, as talented modders would be more motivated if getting something back from all their efforts.

Simply unzipping mods to a directory does not represent my own experience with mods. I ran into all kinds of compatibility issues between various type of mods, plus mods depending on other mods so you manually have to chase down each one and install.Then there is the issue of keeping track of versions of mods, making sure you have the version compatible with each others and your current version of the game engine.

I also had issues with downloading mods, as they are often on third party download servers who let you download for free, but not without trying to sell you premium download memberships or letting you face slow, single threaded downloads.

#7dsowngePosted 11/7/2011 8:13:11 AM

WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Idea ever. I'm sorry.

#8gkovacPosted 11/7/2011 8:23:13 AM

Blue_Tomato posted...
I believe paying means better mods, as talented modders would be more motivated if getting something back from all their efforts.

I have to disagree. Paying eventualy means greedy people trying to sell anything despite the quality. As it is, and always was with moding, it's done by enthusiasts who actualy care about the game so much that they are willing to do it for free, and that leads to good mods. It should stay that way imo.

#9The_Undying_84Posted 11/7/2011 8:23:51 AM
No. Many mods (free) are already better than actual DLC (paid).
---
PSN: TheUndying84
MGO: Eric84
#10Blue_Tomato(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2011 8:30:18 AM

gkovac posted...

Blue_Tomato posted...

I have to disagree. Paying eventualy means greedy people trying to sell anything despite the quality. As it is, and always was with moding, it's done by enthusiasts who actualy care about the game so much that they are willing to do it for free, and that leads to good mods. It should stay that way imo.

Hm, why would you pay for poor quality content? A payment system would mean modders will compete to make the most popular mods.

Enthusiasts still make mods, and if they are as good as you say, they would make the most money. maybe even being able to make this their full-time job.