• Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
Anyone else notice the game basically locks up if you alt tab? Anyone know a workaround for this?
You are now breathing manually.
4 years ago#2
Yes. Dont alt-tab.
4 years ago#3
Don't Alt-Tab.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
4 years ago#4
If there a windowed mode option? Most games that lock up, won't, if it's on windowed.
Disgaea4-Money Map champ's strength-191, PSN-LordNihlus, Farm Pirates champ's strength 2546
4 years ago#5
It locks up the first time I Alt-Tab back into the game. Doing it a second time will allow you to go back ingame, try it.
4 years ago#6
Try opening the esc menu before tabbing out, that used to work for me in Oblivion...
The Flame Atronach - May she follow us to the land of Skyrim.
4 years ago#7
Oblivion would always do this to me, too. Even with a high-end PC. Just one of those things.
4 years ago#8
But seriously, just keep a tablet or a netbook nearby, if you need to do something outside of the game. Because in Bethesda games, alt-tabbing is pretty much taking a sledgehammer to your stability. Sure, you might come out fine, but more often than not you're just asking for a CTD.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
4 years ago#9
Opening the console always allowed me to alt tab out without issue on FO3, Oblivion and NV, can't see why it wouldn't work here as well.
Yes my username is Subtle Joke account, if the best retort you can come up with is "that wasn't subtle" you already lost.
4 years ago#10
you just have to alt tab back into skyrim instead of just clicking it in your taskbar. Thats the way it works for me anyway.
Of course I was elected, Sweet America.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived