The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Do I have a disease?

#1RedcountPosted 11/11/2011 1:59:38 AM
When I talk t o NPCs, many of them comment that I look ill, and in the stats page under "Diseases Contracted" it says "1".

If I have a disease, what is it, what are its effects, and how can I get rid of it?
---
"You applied over those years a Lisa Simpson, Miko Miyazaki and Brianesque level of hypocrisy." - OldFrenchDragon
#2TheRealKoopPosted 11/11/2011 2:01:08 AM
Shouldnt there be a page that shows what magical effects are currently affecting you? or icons?

Sorry, i dont have the game, but thats how it worked in MW/oblivion. Look for it and it should tell you what it is.
#3BioticArmPosted 11/11/2011 2:03:39 AM
Bring up the Magic menu and go to "Active Effects" (or something like that). It should say all your buffs/debuffs.
---
"I came when I heard you'd beaten the ELITE FOUR." - Professor Oak
#4LivingdaydreamPosted 11/11/2011 9:15:14 AM
I now have two.... :( i really wish i knew how to get rid of them.
#5CiberclawPosted 11/11/2011 9:18:43 AM

From: Livingdaydream | Posted: 11/11/2011 5:15:14 PM | #004

The easiest (and free) way of doing it is praying in the altar of any god (the easiest to find is talos in Windrun, its outdoors with a raging zealot spewing crap). Should remove all debuffs and give you a buff (the talos buff is fortified magicka, the hall of the dead has fortify health and the temple of kennesomething or another has fortify stamina).
---
GT: Ciberclaw
#6LivingdaydreamPosted 11/11/2011 11:36:54 AM
Ciberclaw posted...
From: Livingdaydream | Posted: 11/11/2011 5:15:14 PM | #004
The easiest (and free) way of doing it is praying in the altar of any god (the easiest to find is talos in Windrun, its outdoors with a raging zealot spewing crap). Should remove all debuffs and give you a buff (the talos buff is fortified magicka, the hall of the dead has fortify health and the temple of kennesomething or another has fortify stamina).

Thanks.
#7Redcount(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 3:11:06 PM
Thanks all for help...yeah, somehow I got "Ataxia" which makes lockpicking and pickpocketing 25% harder. I'm pray to get it removed.
---
"You applied over those years a Lisa Simpson, Miko Miyazaki and Brianesque level of hypocrisy." - OldFrenchDragon
#8airlilyPosted 11/13/2011 1:43:19 AM
guYwitMOnkeySuit posted...
Bring up the Magic menu and go to "Active Effects" (or something like that). It should say all your buffs/debuffs.

Does the General Stats menu tally of diseases contracted return to 0, or does that number not change? It doesn't say I have a negative effect under Magic>Effects, but the General Stats tally for diseases contracted is still 1.

Sorry if it's a stupid question; I'm just confused -- especially when I've drunk 2 cure disease potions, have worshipped at two altars, and that General Stats list for diseases hasn't changed.

Also, the alchemist keeps saying I have ataxia or rattles. :/
#9pikpikcarrotmonPosted 11/13/2011 1:47:02 AM
That's a "totals" page, so it means how many diseases you have contracted so far.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.