Stuck in sneak mode (kinda) bug

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Stuck in sneak mode (kinda) bug

User Info: NoobzorLoLoLoL

NoobzorLoLoLoL
5 years ago#1
What the title says. I'm stuck in the sneak mode animation (crouched) but I'm not actually sneaking (enemies can see me normally and the crosshair is the non-sneaking version). Pressing the sneak button does nothing, remapping it doesn't work, and loading the game doesn't work. Any ideas?
The sole purpose of this Sig is to taunt Orcus.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
5 years ago#2
make sure you hit the Ctrl button again if that didn't work I kknow i was stuck walking and didn't push a darn thing lol just restart and your fine.
Thermaltake Armor+ Full tower black, W7 Windows 7 64bit , Intel DP55KG extreme , Intel i5-650 duo core 3.2GHZ, 600Watt PSU, 8GB RAM, Nividia GTS 450 1gb x2 SLI

NoobzorLoLoLoL
5 years ago#3
Like I said, hitting the sneak button again does nothing. It's definitely a bug of some sort - I've just gone back to a previous save at this point, but for future reference it'd be great to know if there was a better fix.

User Info: Panner

Panner
5 years ago#4
My CAPS Lock has to be on for me to run. Then i just hold shift to sneak.
Hope that helps.
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it

NoobzorLoLoLoL
5 years ago#5
Okay, read the first post guys. My character is crouching as though he was sneaking, yet the effects of sneaking are not active. I can still hit caps to toggle run/walk as per normal. The crosshair does not have the sneaking icon. I'm moving at the reduced rate as though I was sneaking (for both walking and running) and cannot actually enter sneak mode, nor make my character stand up.

User Info: Panner

Panner
5 years ago#6
Ive just realised why you were stuck in sneak mode. You may be over encumbered.
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it

User Info: fieryone

fieryone
5 years ago#7
I figured out a way to get around this bug. I have Skyrim for the PS3, but seeing how you have the same issue that I had (and you have the PC version) I think it should work for you as well.

To fix, I went into the nearest city and activated one of the blacksmith's tools (I used the smelter, but I imagine that any of the tools would produce the same effect). As it changes your character's animation in the third person perspective, it fixed my character from being stuck in a crouched position without receiving the bonuses from sneak mode.

I did not need to make anything, I just needed to activate the tool so that it brought up the menu to begin the smelting process. Once that happened, I backed out of the menu and was able to move around again with no issue.

I hope this helps you out!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Stuck in sneak mode (kinda) bug

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived