Dragonstone and Bleak Falls Barrow quest, Glitch???

#1theedgecator54Posted 11/11/2011 1:09:24 PM
Basically one of the first things I did was go Bleak Falls Barrow and got the claw and got the dragonstone. Now I am doing the main quest and at the start of the quest you are supposed to talk to the mage Farangar to start the quest and say you will help him with his project, but when I say that to him he says he has no project even though the quest marker is on him. By reading around I found that during this quest you get the dragon stone from Bleak Falls Barrow but is mine glitched because I already have it? why doesn't the quest just auto complete? It would be a bummer to start again even if I am only 4 hours in.
#2toya89Posted 11/11/2011 1:25:09 PM
What happened to me was after I went to riverdale, Ralof's sister (I guess I sided with the stormcloaks during the dragon attack) told me to talk to the jarl about sending troops to help protect riverdale from the dragon. The Jarl asked how I knew about the dragon and I said that I was there in the attack. Then he decided since I had experience with a dragon to help out with his mage, Faraengar with his dragon research stuff. That's when he asked for the dragon stone, which I already previously picked up while looking for the claw.
#3AtmaWeapon404Posted 11/11/2011 1:41:50 PM
i.e. just talk to the Jarl first.
#4theedgecator54(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 3:45:34 PM
Ive tried talking to Jarl but thir are no new conversation options available, the mage is acting like Jarl is sitting on his throne but he is in the same room as the mage.
#5Back_StabbathPosted 11/11/2011 3:46:34 PM
I got the dragon stone first, and right after he told me to get it, I got a dialogue option "Oh, you mean this old thing? (Hand over the stone)"
---
http://steamcard.com/do/original/Stabbath.png
http://i.imgur.com/SfV5h.gif
#6theedgecator54(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 3:48:37 PM
But their are no 'quest' conversation options available when I speak to him apart from 'Jarl told me you required help with a project' which he responds by saying he doesn't have a project and all the other conversation options are the standard ones like seeing what items he has for sale
#7Ty_UnitPosted 11/11/2011 3:48:55 PM
Back_Stabbath posted...
I got the dragon stone first, and right after he told me to get it, I got a dialogue option "Oh, you mean this old thing? (Hand over the stone)"

This happened to me too.
---
Gamertag:TyUnit
#8Lucavi000Posted 11/11/2011 3:49:41 PM
did you go to the first town and talk to the cousin of the guy that helped you escape?
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#9fuzzball01Posted 11/11/2011 7:19:47 PM
So I'm the only one having trouble getting up that mountain then? I keep hitting dead ends...
---
Don't rush me, I'm thinking.
#10undercovervampPosted 11/12/2011 8:56:10 AM
I did the Claw quest and picked up the Dragonstone while I was there.. but I have had no option to 'hand over this old thing'... I have the dragonstone but I can't give it to Farangar. :/ Am I going to have to start all over again?? He just keeps telling me to go and get the dragonstone.