game crashes at startup

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. game crashes at startup
5 years ago#1
game crashes either at dragon logo or after i click play it just closes. no error just closes.
i have all updated drivers and i have changed my audio playback preference to 24bit 44.1k.
anyone know how to fix this or getting the same error?
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind"
5 years ago#2
Mine started crashing while I was playing, it randomly just closes the game and brings me to desktop...Idk what the problem is, sometimes I play for 3 hours uninterrupted and other times it crashes every 2 minutes.
i5 2500k @4.0Ghz, EVGA Super Overclocked GTX 560ti, Gigabyte Z68 UD3H Motherboard, 8GB G.Skill Sniper, 1 TB HDD, 750W Corsair TX PSU. Corsair 500R case
5 years ago#3
been playing for hours intermittently and no crashes whatsoever. interestingly enough, when i was initially playing around with graphics options and turned FXAA on, i got my first and only crash a few minutes in. disabled FXAA and zero crashes. not sure if it was even related to FXAA or not, but if you have that enabled try disabling.
5 years ago#4
tried disabling most of my graphic options, trying to work from the ground up. still to no avail. i found a temporary fix i can start the game in window mode and i can actually play no problem, but i need to play it not in windowed mode obviously and i dont see a way to change it from window mode to normal while in game.
5 years ago#5
Try rebooting after any time you exit the game. I've found that I can't start the game back up properly if I had it up earlier, and the only way I've found to make it work is rebooting my PC.
The fun has been DOUBLED!
5 years ago#6
thanks not sure if it was saving in window mode or restarting that solved it. i am able to start the game normally now but it is lagging pretty bad definitly need to fix the frame rate now. i know its not my hardware but i just can get it to remain at a steady 50-60fps
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. game crashes at startup

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived