game crashes at startup

#1Bokey407Posted 11/11/2011 10:46:05 PM
game crashes either at dragon logo or after i click play it just closes. no error just closes.
i have all updated drivers and i have changed my audio playback preference to 24bit 44.1k.
anyone know how to fix this or getting the same error?
---
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind"
#2therickmu25Posted 11/11/2011 10:47:14 PM
Mine started crashing while I was playing, it randomly just closes the game and brings me to desktop...Idk what the problem is, sometimes I play for 3 hours uninterrupted and other times it crashes every 2 minutes.
---
i5 2500k @4.0Ghz, EVGA Super Overclocked GTX 560ti, Gigabyte Z68 UD3H Motherboard, 8GB G.Skill Sniper, 1 TB HDD, 750W Corsair TX PSU. Corsair 500R case
#3psiIocyborgPosted 11/11/2011 10:48:04 PM
been playing for hours intermittently and no crashes whatsoever. interestingly enough, when i was initially playing around with graphics options and turned FXAA on, i got my first and only crash a few minutes in. disabled FXAA and zero crashes. not sure if it was even related to FXAA or not, but if you have that enabled try disabling.
#4Bokey407(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 10:53:16 PM
tried disabling most of my graphic options, trying to work from the ground up. still to no avail. i found a temporary fix i can start the game in window mode and i can actually play no problem, but i need to play it not in windowed mode obviously and i dont see a way to change it from window mode to normal while in game.
---
#5123mopPosted 11/11/2011 10:58:12 PM
Try rebooting after any time you exit the game. I've found that I can't start the game back up properly if I had it up earlier, and the only way I've found to make it work is rebooting my PC.
---
The fun has been DOUBLED!
#6Bokey407(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 11:02:32 PM
thanks not sure if it was saving in window mode or restarting that solved it. i am able to start the game normally now but it is lagging pretty bad definitly need to fix the frame rate now. i know its not my hardware but i just can get it to remain at a steady 50-60fps
---