Where can I sell stolen goods?

#1Zipper761882Posted 11/11/2011 10:39:00 PM

How do you sell stolen goods on this game?  I am playing as a mage/thief and my inventory is so overflowing(I have no house yet as they want 5k for one)with stole goods that I've had to drop a ton off in a spot outside of Whiterun.  I can't find any type of fences or a thieves guild.  Anyone know?

#2Sephiroth1288Posted 11/11/2011 10:40:00 PM
I think once you join the thieves' guild you can sell it to their merchants.

Also there's a perk in the pickpocketing constellation that allows you to sell stolen goods to any merchant
---
Controversy is only dreaded by the advocates of error.
#3gamefaqwatcherPosted 11/11/2011 10:40:50 PM
Did 'stolen goods' return? Maybe you were caught stealing them. I've looted red items but they turn out white in my inventory.

I suggest taking a tirp to riften. You're on your own from then on.
---
Jauffre Jam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHL7zyLsQ2k
#4NogardaPosted 11/13/2011 12:54:06 PM
also if your looking for a good storage place, use the barrel inbetween the breezehome and the blacksmith in white run, towards the back, i placed all my stuff in there, that i couldnt sell. until i bought and funrnished the house now i have a container inside full of all my stolen necklaces and rings etc. when i naturally end up over at riften i will be rolling in gold thanks to the mask i have that gives me better prices.
---
'Get a reputation for answering phones, and all they do is ring.' - Luther
#5saberfool86Posted 11/13/2011 12:59:16 PM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
Did 'stolen goods' return? Maybe you were caught stealing them. I've looted red items but they turn out white in my inventory.

I suggest taking a tirp to riften. You're on your own from then on.

The names are white, but they still have a "Stolen" flag in the top right (?) when you view them.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/The_Saberfool
GHOULS! ATTACK THE CHURCH! CRUSH! THE HOLY PRIEST!
#6animazingPosted 11/13/2011 1:05:16 PM
I had a similar problem, but I started storing my spare items (mostly books) in a barrel in my quarters in the College of Winterhold until I can afford a house.
---
Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!
#7KildraPosted 11/13/2011 4:25:13 PM
Well technically you can anywhere. Catch is, you MUST take the stolen food and ingredients into the Alchemy table or cooking pot, create other stuff (which actually levels you up anyway) and then sell the new junk you make. So time consuming but better than having barrels all over the place filled with stolen stuff. I love stealing food, don't know why just love it. I'm not some fat ass who lives through her games and eats all the Dandy Boy Apples in Fallout. Just make the potions and food dishes and you're good money dude. GAME ON!