Face Presets are too damn ugly

#1jerry_123Posted 11/12/2011 5:30:18 AM

I just bought skyrim and the minute you play it you get slapped with face presets that are so damn ugly :x how am I supposed to pick a good looking character in this mess. I've been trying for an hour to find a good char to play with but it seems it will take forever

DAMN IT BETHESDA WHY CAN'T WE PLAY WITH NORMAL CHARACTERS NOT APES

I will definitely look for a face preset mods and NPC mods

Ugly is NOT the new Beautiful

#2jsmith0730Posted 11/12/2011 5:33:28 AM
I find it funny that (at least to me) Orcs have the best looking faces in the game, with Redguards being a close second.

I'm trying out a Nord atm but seriously, he looks like a hairless ape. Think I might have to go back to an Orc.
#3dsowngePosted 11/12/2011 5:59:22 AM
They are horrible ugly ugliest of the ugly uhhh so disgustingly wretched face!
#4MrGazzoPosted 11/12/2011 6:02:57 AM
Hey! at least it was not as bad as Oblivion's presets! Be grateful, it was a major improvement.
---
Welcome to Camp Navarro!
#5Pawkie07Posted 11/12/2011 6:10:19 AM
The horrors of the Oblivion presets. Hell even after you tinkers with the setting forever your character was still horrible looking. Only was at all for anything good looking was mods. This is at least a step up from that. Sure there not beautiful looking people but there not gonna leave me with nightmares.
#6siuchePosted 11/14/2011 2:08:17 AM
Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout Vegas, Skyrim

Did any of those presets from Bethesda look good anyways?

It's already common knowledge that Bethesda doesn't know how to do good looking characters and completely rely on the mod community to make better mesh and models.
#7PurpleMousePosted 11/14/2011 2:22:58 AM
this game has great preset faces. it's pretty much impossible to make an ugly character
---
http://www.last.fm/user/ThePaintedWord
#8RajhinPosted 11/14/2011 2:27:15 AM
siuche posted...
Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout Vegas, Skyrim

Did any of those presets from Bethesda look good anyways?

New Vegas had at least two good presets, which was one for each gender for Caucasians. They were the "canon" faces in the ending slides.
---
"i see a few maggots came to feed on this topic's corpse." - Fony
#9mrNicknamePosted 11/14/2011 2:32:57 AM
I made a nice face but there's no suitable mouth to fit that face.. turns out ugly on far view and alright in close view.

But again ALL Bethesda preset faces are crap. You just have to use your imagination to create something you like.. The face creation can take up to an hour if you want to adjust/test every settings to your own taste.
#10EchoingTruthPosted 11/14/2011 2:42:19 AM
I didnt even use presets, just customized completely and came out with a cool looking grizzled arctic warrior of the north, he looks BA.
---
"My soul is forever traveling, buried in the abyss of time..."