Level scaling difficulty

#1deimos_brPosted 11/12/2011 8:28:03 AM
So, I was on my way to High Hrothgar (which is pretty early in the game) but already as level 15 from sneaking and pickpocketing. Apparently pickpocketing levels incredibly fast.

Anyway, there I was going up the mountain, NPCs warning me about wolves, thinking "Pfft, wolves", when I heard a growl and got wtfpwned by a huge freaking Snow Sabre Cat. Seriously, it killed me in like 3 hits.

I loaded my previous save, when I got to that part of the road (he was there again, of course), I ran like a catchy 80s song... only to turn a corner and come face to face with an Ice Troll.

Okay Skyrim, you want me to be a proper citizen and not steal, give me a karma system, don't throw Ice Trolls and Sabretooth at my face. Pretty please.
#2SerHoundPosted 11/12/2011 8:29:09 AM
- Find some combat trainers
- Pay them to increase your combat skills
- Pickpocket your money back
- Wow you increased combat skills and pickpocket for free!
---
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
#3deimos_br(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2011 8:35:58 AM
That's good advice, but then I'd level up even faster, which might cause my Ice Troll to be a Daedroth or something next time while Im in my leather armor set.
#4r7gerrabbitPosted 11/12/2011 8:38:19 AM
Enemies are in specific regions, and have certain level ranges.

Say a wolf in the beginner area scales with you level 1-5. A bandit in the next area might scale with you level 5-10. A giant in another area might scale with you 10-15. Once they hit their max level they won't scale anymore. So you can level up your combat skills on lower levels and make your way into the higher levels.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#5gamefaqwatcherPosted 11/12/2011 8:38:22 AM
With the ice troll, walk around it. i climbed through the rocks to the left. As for snow beasts, good luck. A snow bear took me an my companion down two times in less than 10 seconds.
---
Jauffre Jam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHL7zyLsQ2k
#6CodeKyuubiPosted 11/12/2011 8:43:23 AM
When I heard the roaring, I started spinning around looking for an enemy. When the Troll first appeared over me I was like "OMG TROLL" and bombarded it with dual-firebolts, and more as he dropped down and charged me. Killed the sucker right before he reached me :) (level 12).
---
The potential energy between a Falcon Punch and your face is infinity.
#7MUD VIPERPosted 11/12/2011 8:50:00 AM
Frostbite venom + weapon = profit:). I did that trip at level 7 I think with a companion, the frost troll didn't seem to have a good reaction to the poison.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you to can become a game tester.
#8ELDuranPosted 11/12/2011 8:54:31 AM
r7gerrabbit posted...
Enemies are in specific regions, and have certain level ranges.

Say a wolf in the beginner area scales with you level 1-5. A bandit in the next area might scale with you level 5-10. A giant in another area might scale with you 10-15. Once they hit their max level they won't scale anymore. So you can level up your combat skills on lower levels and make your way into the higher levels.

Wait, it was my understanding that once you enter an area with enemies level 10-15 they get locked at the level you first entered the area. For example, if you're level 12 and entered an area with enemies level 10-15, they get locked at 12 even after you hit 13+. no?
---
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.
#9unangbangkayPosted 11/13/2011 7:37:23 PM
^^^
As far as I know Skyrim's system is similar to Fallout 3's (Fallout New Vegas was closer to what the other guy was saying).

I just hope I never have to see bandits in Daedric ever again.
---
PSN: unangbangkay, Wii: 6258-3610-4242-3684, Steam: unangbangkay