We need a UI mod, stat.

#1Mr_VuskiPosted 11/13/2011 5:56:04 AM
The UI in this game just screams "PORT!" to me. The fact that the mouse doesn't work in the menu half the time doesn't help. I hope DarN gets to work on this soon.
#2Glockass1Posted 11/13/2011 5:56:49 AM
For the love of god. Stop whining. It works pretty damn fine. People these days..
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
Currently playing: Maths and Physics
#3MegumiChanPosted 11/13/2011 5:57:45 AM
Works fine for me as well.

Everything's categorized alphabetically, the mouse controls work just FINE.. I don't see the problem here.
#4AtzendPosted 11/13/2011 5:58:09 AM
Glockass1 posted...
For the love of god. Stop whining. It works pretty damn fine. People these days..

No. It doesn't work fine. The menu was clearly designed for a controller. I was planning on playing a kb&m, but I switched to a controller just because of the menu.
---
To be great is to be misunderstood. - R.W.E.
#5Mr_Vuski(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 6:00:36 AM
MegumiChan posted...

Everything's categorized alphabetically, the mouse controls work just FINE.. I don't see the problem here.

0_o maybe it's me then. Sometimes the mouse wont even let me select things in the menu, I get frustrated because it won't select what I clicked. Then I realize that now I have to press Enter, down, right, right, down, right, enter. And after all that, it doesn't even clear my wanted level.
#6Glockass1Posted 11/13/2011 6:02:17 AM

MegumiChan posted...

0_o maybe it's me then. Sometimes the mouse wont even let me select things in the menu, I get frustrated because it won't select what I clicked. Then I realize that now I have to press Enter, down, right, right, down, right, enter. And after all that, it doesn't even clear my wanted level.

What? Never had that problem. Returning with Tab works wonders. Mouse works just fine o_o
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
Currently playing: Maths and Physics
#7kylehowPosted 11/13/2011 6:03:28 AM
Works ok for me. I've had it get into a glitchy place a few times where it won't click on the menu at all, but hitting tab and opening it again has always fixed it. By always I mean maybe 5-6 times in ~20 hours.
#8kylehowPosted 11/13/2011 6:04:48 AM
Also I'm not sure how a menu system that sometimes doesn't let you select things screams "console". I can usually feel confident that I will be able to select things on a console game. This is just an intermittent bug.
#9Mr_Vuski(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 6:10:19 AM
Maybe I'm glitched. o_o

I'll start a new game tomorrow and see if it still happens.

But anyways, the whole ported UI thing is still ugly to me. It over simplifies the menus. I mean, it works great on the xbox but there's no reason for me to only be able to examine a handful of items at once when I have a mouse.

I meant that the layout and design screams that it was designed for console, and the poor mouse interactivity I'm experiencing seems to support that opinion.