Elemental fury shout, possible dual wield bug.

#1Lucavi000Posted 11/14/2011 1:06:31 AM
I think the elemental fury shout bugs out dual wield swings.

I havent tested it fully yet but its the only thing I use religiously while running around and now I can only swing my right weapon at full speed when its active.
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#2unholyhand420Posted 11/14/2011 1:25:11 AM
I dual wield as well and use this shout all the time, hasn't presented any problems for me yet.
---
PSN: Unholyhand -- XBL: Unholyhand42
Currently playing: Skyrim (PC) and LoL (PC)
#3Lucavi000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 1:27:04 AM

I dual wield as well and use this shout all the time, hasn't presented any problems for me yet.

keep at it. i need to test it but i dont mean for you to purposely become bugged. the shout is amazing for dual wield specc'd players.
---
oh great... why would they do that? I'm a nerd, that's the exact kind of thing I like to avoid... maybe I'll just buy it during the day -Sahuagin
#4Fantom909Posted 11/14/2011 2:23:19 AM
Lucavi000 posted...
I think the elemental fury shout bugs out dual wield swings.

I havent tested it fully yet but its the only thing I use religiously while running around and now I can only swing my right weapon at full speed when its active.

I am having the same issue, and now, my game isn't letting elemental fury effect my weapons at all, no effect whatsoever.

It works when you load from a previous save, a really long ago previous save. but I really don't want to do that, so if you find a fix please for the love of god tell me
#5Lucavi000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 2:24:32 AM

I am having the same issue, and now, my game isn't letting elemental fury effect my weapons at all, no effect whatsoever.

It works when you load from a previous save, a really long ago previous save. but I really don't want to do that, so if you find a fix please for the love of god tell me

im pretty sure the shout is bugged to high hell because the 2nd word of the shout slows my single handed weapon speed like it does my dual wield speed. luckily it goes back to normal after the buff wears off.
---
#6YigPwnsFacePosted 11/14/2011 5:33:20 AM
Ok so i think elemental fury is bugged to all hell with dual wielding. Here are the 3 scenarios i have tested.

If you are wielding 2 diff weps it will cast it on the stronger of the 2, not both.

If the wep that was enchanted is in your right hand then your double power attacks are the same speed as they always are.

If the wep that was enchanted is in your left hand then your double attacks are twice as fast to overpowered proportions and blends anything in front of you.

The only reason i could see this is due to the fact that your left hand is the frist attack used in the 3 hit combo that is your double power attack. The thing is the game activates it so fast that it is no longer a 3 hit attack but instead hits 5 times. I can only assume this is due to it doing the attack for both standing power hits single and the double 3 hit combo.

Anything thing hit with this pretty much dies.

So after learning this i thought i had seen it all till i equipped 2 of the same exact item which was in a stack in my favorites menu... used the shout.

It enchanted them both!

So the way its working now is

1. Buff the stronger of the 2/
2. Buff both if they are identical.
3. Give uber power attacks if the enchanted wep is both or left handed.
4. Give lame slow power attacks if enchanted wep is right handed...

Seems bugged to hell to me. They should make it always effect both weps or always effect the right one. Also it should keep the speedy power hit but fix the fact that it does 5 hits instead of 3.

I dont mind bugs in a single player game but this is just inconsistent. Anyone out else experience this?

I assume the reason it enchants both if they are identical is because they are in the same stack in your inventory.
#7YigPwnsFacePosted 11/14/2011 5:35:42 AM
Ahhhhh ok. So you cannot use it at all on enchanted weps? That makes perfect sense now.

Still seems kinda wierd that if your left hand is not enchanted with it that your double attacks are uber slow despite the buff.
#8ttestagrPosted 11/14/2011 5:46:44 AM
*laughs at people using elemental fury*

Silly people. That shout is made entirely obsolete by time stop.
#9YigPwnsFacePosted 11/14/2011 5:57:53 AM
ttestagr posted...

Umm... have you seen the dmg output with dual weps and max attack speed perks?

Also, you are slowed as well with time stop.
#10yotimmygPosted 11/14/2011 7:03:21 AM
YigPwnsFace posted...
ttestagr posted...

Umm... have you seen the dmg output with dual weps and max attack speed perks?

Also, you are slowed as well with time stop.

Nice burn...

Another incredibly annoying bug with elemental fury that i am getting is the damn wind sound the enchant creates..IS NOT TURNING OFF... i have a constant wind sound the whole time and its starting to drive me crazy..

i tried dropping the daggers and re equipping.. pretty sure i even replaced them..

anyone else got this, and is it fixable?