Dremora Lord VS Dead Thrall: Better Conjurer Spell?

#11GabrielFreeman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 3:15:39 PM
I have now reached the point where I can get Dead Thrall, Flame Thrall, Frost Thrall, or Storm Thrall. Got Flame Thrall for free. Can't afford any of the others, at present LOL. Is there a place to FIND Dead Thrall, perhaps?

Also, most importantly, should I pursue Conjuration or Necromancy? Are people in agreement that Dead Thrall x 2 has the potential to be more powerful than 2 summoned Dremora Lords?
#12SirUnit1518Posted 11/14/2011 6:03:02 PM
It sounds like Dead thrall might be good for potential hoarding of loot.

Place items in dead body,

Dead Thrall

Have mobile storage unit (zombie) follow and fight around you
---
GT:BlueTricky
#13GabrielFreeman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 7:49:14 AM
Does Dead Thrall work like that? Like a companion? Can you store loot on them and heal them?
#14ShadowGamerXPosted 11/15/2011 8:00:14 AM
Okay, so my conjuration isn't up to 100 yet, but where do you find these "Thralls" spells?
Do you buy them from the conjuration trainer in College of Winterhold?

Also, any tips on faster conjuration leveling?
#15RadiozoPosted 11/15/2011 8:03:34 AM
You buy them from the trainer in mage collage.
---
PSN: RadiozoSE
360: Radiozo
#16VCPPosted 11/15/2011 8:10:59 AM
SirUnit1518 posted...
It sounds like Dead thrall might be good for potential hoarding of loot.

Place items in dead body,

Dead Thrall

Have mobile storage unit (zombie) follow and fight around you

There is a better use than that. Since it is a corpse you can load it with any weapon you want and it will use that weapon when you revive it. Meaning you can have a summon that uses one of your really nice super enchanted weapons. Just remember to collect it back from the corpse when you are done.

Best use of this. Give your thralls soul absorbing weapons then ride around on your horse and they'll farm souls for you.
#17RadiozoPosted 11/15/2011 8:11:59 AM
Haha, awesome. Im getting 2 of those for my questing tonight ;)
---
PSN: RadiozoSE
360: Radiozo
#18GabrielFreeman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 8:27:25 AM
Can you use Restoration spells on the Dead Thralls during battle?
#19VCPPosted 11/15/2011 8:33:53 AM
GabrielFreeman posted...
Can you use Restoration spells on the Dead Thralls during battle?

I have no idea. I normally let them go off and do their own thing and heal them with death (IE Res them again) if they ever die which is rare.. I give them duel enchanted weapon(s) with hp absorbtion and soulstealing then sit back and enjoy the show. When they die it's normally to some strong magic since they will not wear any armour you give them, only weapons.
#20SirUnit1518Posted 11/15/2011 4:10:23 PM
VCP posted...

There is a better use than that. Since it is a corpse you can load it with any weapon you want and it will use that weapon when you revive it. Meaning you can have a summon that uses one of your really nice super enchanted weapons. Just remember to collect it back from the corpse when you are done.

Best use of this. Give your thralls soul absorbing weapons then ride around on your horse and they'll farm souls for you.

That my good sir is BRILLIANT

I have dead thrall now and i'm testing it out. Very useful
---
GT:BlueTricky