skyrim launcher.exe opens steam client?

#1no_speed_limitsPosted 11/14/2011 10:21:03 AM
There is no way for me to open the launcher to adjust settings, instead running skyrimlauncher takes me to the skyrim shop page on the steam client, as if I actually need to buy the game?

My copy is legal, bought from EB with authentic cd key etc...
Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks,
#2QuakezeroPosted 11/14/2011 10:22:52 AM
Just launch the game from the steam library.
---
3DS FC: 2750-1096-6563 Ryan
#3EnclavePosted 11/14/2011 10:24:02 AM
It's a Steamworks game and thus Steam must be running when you play the game. So yeah, just launch the game with Steam, this way you avoid the issue you're having.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#4no_speed_limits(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 10:24:49 AM
I can launch the game fine by running skyrim.exe, I'm just worried because my steam account doesn't even register with my cd key any more for some reason, i.e. I first installed on laptop with success, then when I tried to put on my PC under the same steam account it gives me a duplicate cd key error.

On top of this, the launcher doesn't work as I said lol ><
#5biako06Posted 11/14/2011 10:25:37 AM
If you know where your steam folder is on your computer, go into that, find the skyrim folder, and use that launcher to launch the game.

It gives you options for settings and whatnot before you have to click 'play.
#6no_speed_limits(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 10:26:15 AM
Also because my steam account doesn't recognize my cd key, there is no way I can put skyrim into the steam client library since activating the game via product key results in duplicate key error.
#7no_speed_limits(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 10:28:14 AM
biako06 posted...
If you know where your steam folder is on your computer, go into that, find the skyrim folder, and use that launcher to launch the game.

It gives you options for settings and whatnot before you have to click 'play.

This is the problem, when I run this particular executable, it takes me to skyrim shop page on steam client, I can play the game fine by going to steam folder and running skyrim.exe.
This thread is more me being a worry-wart because it seems strange that my steam account does not recognize my game in anyway, I can even run skyrim.exe offline when my steam library apparently has no games in it.
#8impocPosted 11/14/2011 10:35:30 AM(edited)
no_speed_limits posted...
I can launch the game fine by running skyrim.exe, I'm just worried because my steam account doesn't even register with my cd key any more for some reason, i.e. I first installed on laptop with success, then when I tried to put on my PC under the same steam account it gives me a duplicate cd key error.

On top of this, the launcher doesn't work as I said lol ><

once a key is tied to an account, you don't have to re-enter it to install on a new computer, you just have to install steam on that computer and log in on the account you tied the key to, then when you go to your library and look at all the games you have rights to, you can select to install from there

sounds more like you have a pirating issue since there is no reason not to launch the game through steam even in offline mode, there is obviously no issue with the game showing up on your account on one computer so there is no issue with steam recognizing your account rights to the game

---
"The world is full of corruption and I am going to get rid of it...the world, not the corruption."