Easy quick way to get Fire Salts?

#11isamuPosted 11/18/2011 4:33:06 PM
KudZu posted...
Go to the alchemist in Solitude. She seems to have the best supply of all ingredients, minus human flesh and crimson nirnroot. I don't think anyone sells those two ingredients.

But she does sell fire salts.

>>>>>>>>>>>

She doesn't sell fire salts.
---
OR 2006: Coast2Coast city here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#12myztikricePosted 11/18/2011 4:34:23 PM
pretty much every alchemist sells at least one fire salt or has one lying around their house

and atronarchs you summon yourself don't drop loot
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#13HienLaiPosted 11/18/2011 4:36:00 PM
Go around to every town's alchemist. This will pass the days to restore their inventory and you'll get your salts soon enough.
#14c0ng0tr0nPosted 11/19/2011 11:59:12 PM
i was asking my self the same question and wasnt getting good results on the web. here is what i gathered.

fire salts: skyrim
3x in septimus signus outpost. Directly North of college of Winterhold.
2-4x in fellglow keep by killing the fire atronachs (firey females from hell) throughout the level but especially when facing the boss who is called "the caller" who summons them. (dont kill the caller until you get a good amount of fire salts.)
1x in Arcadia's cauldron from the shop owner
1x in the arch mage's quarters. (you only can get into his quarters after you complete the "under saarthal" quest)
the rest were random run in's with fire atronachs.

hope this helps. i wish i had had this.
-c0ng0tr0n
#15oaktytolenPosted 11/21/2011 10:50:39 AM
Summoned mobs don't have drops. The easiest way to do it is to fast travel to random cities, buy all the fire salts from the alchemist then move on. They restock every 2-3 days, I think.
#16cpg2Posted 11/21/2011 10:53:44 AM
If you have a house with an alchemy lab you should find one or two there (at least the one in Solitude does, IINM).

Expensive investment if you weren't going to get it anyways but there you go.