How do I find a quest's ID?

#1MeltedYetiPosted 11/14/2011 8:53:43 PM

I am trying to do the quest 'Joining the Legion' but after clearing out Fort Hraggstad my log never updated saying that I completed the stage. I tried zoning and restarting the game and that just made it worse, now the fort is taken over by the legion as it should be but the quest is still stuck.

I have found the console commands needed to advance the quest but I have no clue how to find the quest's ID, can anyone please help me?

Thank you

#2weasil1Posted 11/15/2011 1:29:51 AM
The quest ID is 'CW01A'

use the 'setstage CW01A 100' console command to complete the Clear out the fort part.
#3MeltedYeti(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 5:29:21 PM
weasil1 posted...
The quest ID is 'CW01A'

use the 'setstage CW01A 100' console command to complete the Clear out the fort part.

Thank you, that worked like a charm!
#4designed2expirePosted 11/16/2011 12:25:20 AM
Okay, PLEASE HELP!

I'm doing the Liberation of Skyrim quest line and completed the First fort mission after the Whiterun battle.

I returned from the fort to meet Stone-fist and he rewards me. Raalof told me to report back and the map indicates that I should got to Ulfric but he doesnt promtpt.

Now the Falkearthstormcloak camp icon has disappeared and I'm stuck between the last quest and the future one, it wont progress. What is the CW command and quest ID so that I can restart the Liberation of Skyrim quest line??? PLEASE HELP!!
#5AnnatPosted 11/16/2011 6:23:48 AM
weasil1 posted...
The quest ID is 'CW01A'

How did you find out what the questID was? I'm stuck in an Companions guild quest, [spoiler] it's the one where you have to assasinate a silverhand leader and Vilkas talked to me and was supposed to give me a quest but it didnt show up in my journal and now when I talk to him he doesn't mention the quest. I'd like to be able to start in the beginning of the quest, I believe its called "Trouble in Skyrim" [/spoiler]
#6viperesquePosted 11/16/2011 6:25:38 AM
Use the wikis. I find that UESP is better for IDs and technical stuff than the Elder Scrolls Wiki.
---
FACT: Four out of five people are crushed to death by giant diamonds every day.
#7AnnatPosted 11/16/2011 6:28:41 AM
Sorry for failing with my spoiler tag... sigh... The UESP site doesnt work for me atm, could you help me?
#8AnnatPosted 11/16/2011 6:34:00 AM
nevermind my previous post, it worked now, if you are also having problems with starting the quest "purity of revenge" in the companions look here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Purity_of_Revenge
Thanks
#9dorz666Posted 11/17/2011 11:31:43 AM
viperesque posted...
Use the wikis. I find that UESP is better for IDs and technical stuff than the Elder Scrolls Wiki.

Im having a major problem. "the throat of the world" quest won't start. Do anyone knows what the console command to start it?