Changing someones clothes...

#1RotengelPosted 11/15/2011 2:27:33 AM
Is it possible to change someone's clothes.. mainly asking since my spouse is dressed in not so great apparel...

My guess would be to pickpocket their clothes and then give them another set... if I do that, will they eventually put it on? I have the pickpocketing perk.. just fyi.
---
Sometimes nostalgia makes us wish for things we really don't want.
#2zach12_2Posted 11/15/2011 2:29:59 AM(edited)
First you gotta sweet talk her. Then you gotta ask her out on a date. Then you gotta make sweet, sweet love to her, chil'ren. Then you tell her she's fat at her most vulnerable moment.

She'll wear what you say. Just tell her it makes her but look "less enormous."

just kidding. No way in Skyrim that I know of.
---
(0)(0) <--- Santiago the frog says there are a lot of
(___) ...... trolls on these boards lately.
#3turnnichPosted 11/17/2011 12:02:51 AM
Been testing this for a bit but nyway the only possible way you can change a spouses clothes is if they can follow you as a companion if they can then while they are following you, you get a chat option to trade with them and you can give equipment to carry if it's better than what they already have they'll auto equip it if not it sits in their inventory 1 possible way to remove their armor is the console on computer which is activated by clicking the ~/` button on the keyboard clicking the npc and typing removeallitems can't confirm either right this moment however...
#4kalnetworkPosted 11/18/2011 10:46:57 AM
anybody found a solution for this yet? I read something on another site about using "resurrect 1" in console commands, but that didn't work either. It really annoys me that I've got more money than most of the jarls and my wife's sporting a steel bra...
#5hotshotsixPosted 11/18/2011 10:47:40 AM
See topic a few down from this... Has the exact fix.
---
Please don't feed the troll.
Gotta get down on friday!
#6Wkd315Posted 11/18/2011 10:48:35 AM
Darkstar81 posted...
Is it possible to change someone's clothes.. mainly asking since my spouse is dressed in not so great apparel...

My guess would be to pickpocket their clothes and then give them another set... if I do that, will they eventually put it on? I have the pickpocketing perk.. just fyi.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61017684
#7thundercat2600Posted 11/18/2011 10:49:59 AM
Pickpocket her clothes. Your woman should be in her undies at all times anyway.
#8StingyrayPosted 11/18/2011 10:53:40 AM
Wkd315 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61017684

Why did you post a link to this very topic?
---
Gaming. Mac. Pick one, not both. -HappyKhicken
#9coldcoalPosted 11/18/2011 10:55:28 AM
Yeah, like... I 'just' read this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61061012
#10kalnetworkPosted 11/18/2011 11:13:12 AM
follow-up to my above:

if you have a spouse that's also a follower, you can change her clothes with a little difficulty and max pickpocket.

when she's NOT in follower mode, pickpocket whatever you don't want her to have, then have her follow you and trade whatever items you want to be the new outfit. There are a couple of minor problems to note:

you must pickpocket the target when they're not following; if your spouse is in follow-mode their gear will not show up in the trade menu, thus you will not be able to remove it. This means that cloth and light armor will not be an upgrade, and your spouse will not wear it.

many followers have insanely high pickpocket saving roll modifiers. Make sure to quick-save (F5) before you make your attempt. Even after modding my pickpocket and sneak to 100 with muffle boots on, I still had to make 4 or 5 attempts. This might be easier if you put a bucket over the target's head, I didn't try.

This _ONLY_ works on follower-spouses (Housecarls and the like), it will not work on spouses like Ysolda and Muiri. If you pickpocket them, they'll just stay naked.

(Obligatory disclaimer: of course wherever I say "her", I mean "he/his" if appropriate.)