Does Heavy Armor and Weapons effect Magicka?

#1Ninjax118Posted 11/15/2011 7:48:56 AM
I want to use a mage companion but im having issues equipping him. Does heavy armor and certain weapons effect magicka in a negative way?

He comes default with robes and a dagger, when i use my companions as mules they usually equip the best item stat wise which kind of defeats the purpose of equipping them with robes and light armor since they will equip anything you hand them.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way around it? Whats the best equipment for a mage companion?

Light Armor vs Heavy Armor vs Robes?

1H/Shield vs 2Hander vs Staff?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0604 5540 7006
#2Ninjax118(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 8:43:22 AM
Bump!
---
#3Ninjax118(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 9:11:11 AM
Anyone?
---
#4lazy_titanPosted 11/15/2011 9:13:47 AM
as far as i know it doesnt but you miss out on mage bounus from say robes which become huge. If you do go heavy armor i HIGHLY recomend you take up enchanting so you can get some of those mage effects on your heavy armor.
---
No, Im not a pessimist. At some point the world craps on everybody. Pretending it aint crap makes you an idiot, not an optimist." ****mydadsays.tumblr.com
#5Joe EvilPosted 11/15/2011 9:14:48 AM
Good question. I wanted to do a mage build on my second char but was feeling that the lack of armor might be a deterrent.

In D&D games like BG there was a major penalty to wearing amours for mages, is there anything similar in this game? Can I just say **** it and just equip some heavy armor and my mage?

'cause w/ enchanting I could always just disenchant a nice robe and put that bonus on my heavy armor
---
What do you like best in a girl?
My wang.
#6Joe EvilPosted 11/15/2011 9:15:06 AM
lazy_titan posted...
as far as i know it doesnt but you miss out on mage bounus from say robes which become huge. If you do go heavy armor i HIGHLY recomend you take up enchanting so you can get some of those mage effects on your heavy armor.

oh that answers it

Thanks
---
What do you like best in a girl?
My wang.
#7middle-earth88Posted 11/15/2011 9:18:04 AM
No, but robes come with good magicka regen bonuses that heavy armor doesn't have. It is sort of an incentive by Bethesda to wear robes if you plan on casting spells.
#8HaxnStashPosted 11/15/2011 9:20:22 AM
I'm not sure but doesn't heavy armor affect you in terms of fatigue? Or does it only apply to stamina and not magicka?

I'm pretty sure there's a disadvantage to equipping heavy armor on a mage. I mean, if there's none, what's the point of robes?

As for companions, I'm assuming that type of stuff don't affect them at all? Since there are no visible stats for them.

These are just all guesses and questions though so I might be wrong.
#9unbalancedegoPosted 11/15/2011 9:20:39 AM
If you spec alteration, theres a perk that doubles the armor bonus you get from the stoneflesh spells and it won't work if you're wearing any kind of armor. Shields are ok though.
#10middle-earth88Posted 11/15/2011 9:22:00 AM
HaxnStash posted...
I'm not sure but doesn't heavy armor affect you in terms of fatigue? Or does it only apply to stamina and not magicka?

I'm pretty sure there's a disadvantage to equipping heavy armor on a mage. I mean, if there's none, what's the point of robes?

As for companions, I'm assuming that type of stuff don't affect them at all? Since there are no visible stats for them.

These are just all guesses and questions though so I might be wrong.

There is a disadvantage, you lose magicka regen bonuses. Also you move slower until you get the perk where heavy armor weighs nothing.