Silence Perk in Sneak Tree

#1romansamuraiPosted 11/15/2011 10:33:24 PM
Just out of curiosity, it says "Walking and running does not affect detection"

What does that mean exactly. As it is when crouched i don't have to walk slowly, i can walk fast and usually get on top of the enemy without a problem. What exactly does this skill allow me to do? Being able to not crouch and sneak? I'm a little lost. :)
---
PSN: romansamurai --=-- GT: xRSMx
#2generalghostPosted 11/15/2011 10:35:06 PM
Now matter what you do once your not seen you will not be detected. So run, walk, sneak, it doesnt matter.
---
http://www.makesocomhd.com//index.php
PSN-GeneralGhost
#3Myst Erik EryPosted 11/15/2011 10:35:48 PM
Normally, you cause more noise while you're moving than when you're standing still. Some enemies detect from sound rather than sight, so if you're wearing heavy armor especially, they might notice you just because you moved.

While running (ie not cap-lock walking or Ctrl sneaking) you cause a lot more noise, which is why most of the time you can't sneak attack people without Sneaking.

While walking (or sneaking) you cause less noise, which helps for when you want to backstab people.

The perk makes it so that you only get a base level of noise based on your equipment type rather than getting extra sound attributed to you because of your actual movement.

It's kind of like a Muffle spell that's always on.
#4HydrochargedPosted 11/15/2011 10:35:57 PM
I am also lost about this
#5Element_PearlPosted 11/15/2011 10:41:53 PM
Kind of a useless perk, if you follow the Thief Guild questline you get some boots that give you the same effect without wasting a perk on it.

Plus the boots (and the armor that go with them) are sexy as hell.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#6romansamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 11:55:52 PM
Alright so essentially i'm sneaking all the time if I have that spell on. If I understand it correctly. thank you for the response :) I appreciate it.
---
PSN: romansamurai --=-- GT: xRSMx
#7generalghostPosted 11/15/2011 11:57:41 PM
romansamurai posted...
Alright so essentially i'm sneaking all the time if I have that spell on. If I understand it correctly. thank you for the response :) I appreciate it.

Exactly, your sneaking with no speed penalty.
---
http://www.makesocomhd.com//index.php
PSN-GeneralGhost
#8tumven7777Posted 11/16/2011 9:32:16 PM
so if i have this then i never have to crouch to sneak or sneak attack?
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9ZegimaPosted 11/16/2011 9:40:57 PM
You still have to crouch, it's just that now you don't have to slowly creep up on the enemy while crouching.