How do I use a Xbox 360 controller with my pc to play Skyrim?

#11zcicecoldPosted 11/15/2011 11:50:34 PM
Your computer should detect it as soon as you plug it in, and it should get the drivers for it with no problem. Start the game with it plugged in and you're good to go.
---
"Also, you gotta give Johnny Cage props for going into fairy-tale land and pretty much taking on monsters." - Kush_n_OJ
#12MaridStormbreakPosted 11/15/2011 11:50:57 PM

Any game with First Person view needs a xontroller.

This is, in fact, heresy of the blackest sort, and those found committing it are subject to summary execution without trial. This has been a public service announcement.
---
They took our money. They're taking our future.
It's time to take it all back. - https://occupywallst.org/
#13BitterBagelPosted 11/15/2011 11:55:54 PM
It's just plug an play, I've been using an xbox controller myself, got tired of kb/m. I plugged it in mid-game, it recognized it immediately and swapped controls to the controller. It even changed prompts and explained how to lock pick with the controller. It's been completely seamless so far.
---
PSN: Jenovas_Witness
XBL: JenovasxWitness
#14TowerBooks3192Posted 11/15/2011 11:57:00 PM
MaridStormbreak posted...
This is, in fact, heresy of the blackest sort, and those found committing it are subject to summary execution without trial. This has been a public service announcement.

I forgot to add that its my opinion
---
DS and 3DS is just a fancy name for a Gameboy
#15DifferentialEquationPosted 11/16/2011 12:02:14 AM
I think this game plays better with a controller. Plus I can lean back in my chair and am more comfortable.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#16G__manPosted 11/16/2011 12:06:30 AM

bahahaha this is exactly what I thought as I read that
#17BitterBagelPosted 11/16/2011 12:08:09 AM
I prefer the xbox controller for this game. It's more comfortable for me. I also feel the combat is better with a controller, particularly when using a shield. It's a little awkward with the mouse, but feels right with the triggers of the controller IMO.

I was really impressed with how well they implemented the xbox controller into the PC version. I got the best of both worlds :D
---
PSN: Jenovas_Witness
XBL: JenovasxWitness
#18GenjoPosted 11/16/2011 12:11:32 AM
Only reason I use a xbox controller is because of the trash console UI. I'll go back once someone overhauls the UI with a mod.
---
Origin: Gunslinger_Sam
#19claytonbuckleyPosted 11/16/2011 12:13:44 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...

I know I do. Any game with First Person view needs a xontroller. Im not that good at using mouse and keyboard and it saves time learning all the keys

Hi, i represtent the PC gaming community. We had a vote and decided because of this comment, we hate you.
#20TowerBooks3192Posted 11/16/2011 12:25:49 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...

I know I do. Any game with First Person view needs a xontroller. Im not that good at using mouse and keyboard and it saves time learning all the keys

Hi, i represtent the PC gaming community. We had a vote and decided because of this comment, we hate you.

Oh come on! I just forgot to add it is only my opinion and a personal preference. I only use mouse and keyboard for strategy games.

I dont blame you for hating me if I was trolling in the board preaching about my controller preference and trying to convert pc gamers. But seriously? making a big fuss about it.
---
DS and 3DS is just a fancy name for a Gameboy