How do I use a Xbox 360 controller with my pc to play Skyrim?

#21KhirsahDragonPosted 11/16/2011 1:35:28 AM(edited)
TowerBooks3192 posted...
flame_boy_778 posted...
Do most people prefer to play this with a controller? Just curious, really.

I know I do. Any game with First Person view needs a controller IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. Im not that good at using mouse and keyboard and it saves time learning all the keys

Yeesh, I'm the total opposite... I'll swiss cheese my boyfriend on an FPS with mouse/keyboard but I'll get lit up if I dare touch my X360 controller with my pinky for games like this or an FPS o.0;

I'll keep using my controllers for games that don't have a PC port lol.

~All the above has been my crazy asinine opinion~

Edit: The reason most people get in a hissy-fit over controllers on PC is we (PCers) get shafted enough as it is by a crazy low amount of PC ports. Most PC gamers go for the ported games cause we're just more comfortable that way. Most of us just don't like it when some people get "holier than thou" about the necessities for a gamepad and how lame a PC is compared to the sacred single use console.

Not saying you did that, you didn't. Just stating~
---
Too bad we can't see the Wright side of life, EA is blocking the view. Welcome to the realm of the Electronic Assassins.
TGIF: Thank Gawd I'm Female
#22zcicecoldPosted 11/16/2011 7:48:16 AM

TowerBooks3192 posted...
flame_boy_778 posted...
Do most people prefer to play this with a controller? Just curious, really.

I know I do. Any game with First Person view needs a controller IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. Im not that good at using mouse and keyboard and it saves time learning all the keys

Yeesh, I'm the total opposite... I'll swiss cheese my boyfriend on an FPS with mouse/keyboard but I'll get lit up if I dare touch my X360 controller with my pinky for games like this or an FPS o.0;

I'll keep using my controllers for games that don't have a PC port lol.

~All the above has been my crazy asinine opinion~

Edit: The reason most people get in a hissy-fit over controllers on PC is we (PCers) get shafted enough as it is by a crazy low amount of PC ports. Most PC gamers go for the ported games cause we're just more comfortable that way. Most of us just don't like it when some people get "holier than thou" about the necessities for a gamepad and how lame a PC is compared to the sacred single use console.

Not saying you did that, you didn't. Just stating~

Not sure if serious...I hang out on a lot of different boards, and I have to say the PC "master race" gets a lot more "holier than thou" about the benefits of kb/m, modding, tweaking, graphics, etc. whenever this discussion arises. I'm not saying these things aren't justified, but lets be realistic here. PC gamers are not victims in these discussions, they're usually the ones antagonizing console gamers and driving the conversation into elitist territory.
---
"Also, you gotta give Johnny Cage props for going into fairy-tale land and pretty much taking on monsters." - Kush_n_OJ