Thieves Guild Question

#1trollop_scatPosted 11/16/2011 5:58:54 AM

*possible spoilers, though not really*

I'm trying to get some dude's journal translated by finding his Falmer translation guide in his museum. The door says "barred from the other side" when I try to open it. I've been playing for like 10 hours straight and my patience is running thin about now, any tips/suggestions/advice on how to get that door open would be MUCH appreciated...

#2DeVespilloPosted 11/16/2011 5:59:39 AM
You can't get it open. It's barred from the other side.
#3trollop_scat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 6:03:01 AM

So how the hell am I supposed to get his book!? Arrrrrrgh!

#4AdicusDiojrPosted 11/16/2011 6:04:37 AM
Look around for levers on the floor, pull-chains on the walls, etc. as sometimes you have to find other ways around to get to the other side of the doors that are barricaded. Once you are on the other side of the door, you can usually activate the wood plank to allow the door to open.
---
I picked up my 1st joystick 30 years ago; played Armor Battle on my uncle's Intellivison, and exploited my 1st in game glitch at age 4.~RI.P. Uncle Scott
#5DeVespilloPosted 11/16/2011 6:05:01 AM
I was just messing with you, I don't even think I'm that far, I've just been going around doing the other quests since the thieves guild seems boring honestly. You just gotta find a way around it though. There isn't a way to open it when it's barred, no matter what. Just no-clip through the damn door or something if you can't do it.
#6AdicusDiojrPosted 11/16/2011 6:05:04 AM
trollop_scat posted...
So how the hell am I supposed to get his book!? Arrrrrrgh!

Where exactly are you?
---
I picked up my 1st joystick 30 years ago; played Armor Battle on my uncle's Intellivison, and exploited my 1st in game glitch at age 4.~RI.P. Uncle Scott
#7AdicusDiojrPosted 11/16/2011 6:07:21 AM
trollop_scat posted...
*possible spoilers, though not really*I'm trying to get some dude's journal translated by finding his Falmer translation guide in his museum. The door says "barred from the other side" when I try to open it. I've been playing for like 10 hours straight and my patience is running thin about now, any tips/suggestions/advice on how to get that door open would be MUCH appreciated...

He doesn't have a book. There is a GIANT stone with etchings in it. You have to grab charcoal and paper from the desk, then activate the stone. This will copy the etchings.
---
#8ExcalinoxPosted 11/16/2011 6:08:18 AM
What you've found is the fast exit that seems to be built into every dungeon in this game. You need to find another path to your destination.
#9matus2442Posted 11/16/2011 6:13:42 AM
Just continue down the other path of the museum and you will get there, that is the fast exit for when you are done, if you choose to go back that way.
---
Brawl FC: 412516128579
GT: matus2442
#10xWoW_RougexPosted 11/16/2011 6:16:44 AM
You don't have to pass that door to reach the destination. Explore the place and you'll find what you're looking for. However, sneaking inside that place is seriously tricky so what I did was the rather cheap and lame way: run past everything to the destination, use invisibility potion.

Also, I'd like to point out that you can climb down to the city from the balcony!