What's a playable FPS to you?

#21zach12_2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 8:08:38 AM
svunte_boy posted...
40 and up, really hope for some driver updates soon (slow AMD just released new drivers but no crossfire-profiles for Skyrim! x@ ) First playthrough I could go through Whiterun without any drops but after a few hours every town has this! V-sync on, no AA

New drivers? I just checked and my GPU GUI didn't find any updates. Then again, it's an Radeon HD 6670, surely it's still supported? (That's also why I don't cry over my 35ish FPS. I don't expect much with this old card.)
---
(0)(0) <--- Santiago the frog says there are a lot of
(___) ...... trolls on these boards lately.
#22OutofCookiesPosted 11/16/2011 8:10:05 AM
Mine rides at about 40 on the world map. With a solid 60 inside buildings and dungeons. I try to have 40 minimum because anything less you just have alot of annoying stuttering.
---
LOL I think you mean grammEr. You try to act all cool and you screw up something so easy like that. LMAO - channtheman
#23misterwugglesPosted 11/16/2011 8:10:46 AM
40+ is fine. I prefer 60, but since I have an older rig I'm perfectly okay with 40 on average (dips to 30ish in busy areas and 50-60+ in most combat areas).
#24zach12_2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 8:11:28 AM
Scratch my previous post about the drivers. I downloaded the autodetect software of the amd site and it showed up as an option. Weird that Vision didn't detect it though.
---
(0)(0) <--- Santiago the frog says there are a lot of
(___) ...... trolls on these boards lately.
#25SuperemppuPosted 11/16/2011 8:12:00 AM
Anything above 25 is perfectly playable if the FPS stays stable. I play TF2 at 100ish FPS and when it occasionally drops to 60 it bothers me more than a constant FPS of 60. I play skyrim on mostly high and get roughly 40 FPS average, indoors with low action it goes to 60 and under heavy action it might drop to 25ish.
---
My GT5 photo album:
http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/emponator/Gran%20Turismo%205/?start=all
#26Hi CPosted 11/16/2011 8:21:38 AM
Pal 080 posted...
Gurwain posted...
Don't be foolish, many people honestly don't see a difference, or any substantial differences above 30-35fps. This does not mean their eyes are messed up, some people just aren't as anal about such things or aren't affected by them in the same way.

Not really, its because they're used to playing it at 30 fps. Take a look at this, and tell me if you honestly can't see the difference between 30 and 60.

http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Yea I notice a difference, but its so insignificant, to my perception, or my ability to enjoy the frame rate, that' it's moot. I feel bad for the folkes who REQUIRE 60 fps or start complaining about a lack of fluidity.... Just don't act like EVERYONE sees things exactly like you do... because they don't

Edit: Ive spent a couple minutes sizing up the 30fps vs 60 fps now and seriously.... the difference is literally insignificant to my eyes. I notice a small degree of trailing on the 30fps model compared to the 60fps model but it's not enough to detract from the overall picture to me.... they look practically identical! (to me)

I noticed a difference and it was annoying and noticeable particularly when the shape spun around. There is a big difference.
---
You'll be my John G.
#27MacrossSpecialPosted 11/16/2011 8:27:17 AM
interesting how some peoples brains/ ocular cant notice the difference. its like night and day to me. thats why people get so frustrated with those who cant tell - its so obvious to us.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#28Pal 080Posted 11/16/2011 8:29:42 AM
Congratulations you missed my point entirely.... just because you perceive a large difference it doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way. I notice a difference yes, but to me it's so insignificant as to be practically non-existent...... just accept this fact, not everyone perceives things the same!

Obviously 60fps is smoother than 30fps.... the point is many people don't even pick up on such subtle differences, or they do, but can still classify the lower FPS as playable and enjoyable, while someone else will complain of it being laggy...
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#29IVOPosted 11/16/2011 8:29:44 AM
Ive spent a couple minutes sizing up the 30fps vs 60 fps now and seriously.... the difference is literally insignificant to my eyes. I notice a small degree of trailing on the 30fps model compared to the 60fps model but it's not enough to detract from the overall picture to me.... they look practically identical! (to me)

Hooray for lower standards! ;)
---
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/926/vuvw.jpg
#30MacrossSpecialPosted 11/16/2011 8:36:58 AM
Pal 080 posted...
Congratulations you missed my point entirely.... just because you perceive a large difference it doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way. I notice a difference yes, but to me it's so insignificant as to be practically non-existent...... just accept this fact, not everyone perceives things the same!

Obviously 60fps is smoother than 30fps.... the point is many people don't even pick up on such subtle differences, or they do, but can still classify the lower FPS as playable and enjoyable, while someone else will complain of it being laggy...

dont really care about whatever point you were trying to make. i just came in to say how interesting i find it that there are people cant see the difference at all.

blows my mind every time i hear it; makes me think about what other things they see differently.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll