Thief/Mage build?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

4 years ago#1
Created a dark elf and wanted to be a thief/mage hybrid. I want to be able to do big damage from a distance with bows and solid magic/melee damage up close. What's a good build for this?
---
PSN - ScarletGamerGrl
SKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIM
4 years ago#2
I've been using a lot of conjuration for extra damage + meat shield.

Conjure bow is nice for a thief/mage because the damage is pretty strong (plus you get infinite arrows)

Other than that, just what you'd expect, Enchantment, Smithing, Sneak
---
skin
4 years ago#3
haven't went far with my Assassin/Mage build yet. So far I'm just dual casting and destroying groups of enemies to cinders while on the other hand backstabbing everyone to death.
---
It's gaming time brah! Get that game face ON!
PoKéMoN FC - W: 0347 0997 3030
4 years ago#4
What are, in theory, the best races to play as for this sort of build? I have 1 pure melee sword and board warrior type, he takes a beating so long as it's not magick.
---
PSN - ScarletGamerGrl
SKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIMSKYRIM
4 years ago#5
race makes 0.000001% difference.
---
Destin the Valiant
4 years ago#6
Breton(25% passive Magic Resistance) or Orc(2x damage & 1/2 taken for 1 minute) are the two best races for all classes. If you are not roleplaying or picking for looks you should go with one of those

Take your pick of which one.
4 years ago#7
Best race for me is Imperial.

When I get mobbed by too many NPC's, I use the racial voice spell to calm them all in an AoE. Then I sneak and backstab them to death in one hit.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived