Septimus Sigmus "This person is busy" --serious bug!! Help please (spoilers)

#1SnoopydancePosted 11/16/2011 9:16:02 PM
So I just finished finding all of the blood samples for him and gave them to him. He opened up the box and stepped inside, said a little something like "What? It's just a book!" Then started standing there looking at it. I can't read the book or talk to him. I've already exited the game, reloaded, waited for days, went to other towns and done other quests, then come back and it's still like that. I even tried attacking him and then yielding to see if that would reset his objective or something but it didn't work. I don't know what to do.
I would prefer not to use the console if possible -- achievements are not a big deal or anything but I like them. But there may be no other solution.
---

#2viperesquePosted 11/16/2011 9:16:54 PM
What did you say to Mora? Did you agree to be his champion or not?
---
FACT: Four out of five people are crushed to death by giant diamonds every day.
#3HaljaPosted 11/16/2011 9:18:44 PM(edited)
Try killing him. He gets killed by the demon anyways. And before you left he asked for his death (The demon asked for it). So try and see if that triggers it.

*edit* Ha didnt mean to quote myself.
---
Would anyone like some pound cake?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL_x1rRg7mM
#4HaljaPosted 11/16/2011 9:17:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Snoopydance(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 9:18:12 PM
Oh, I did not agree to be his champion. My objective for the quest still says "give him the blood" even though I already did. I'll see what happens if I kill him even though I don't really want to. I've got saves out the wazoo anyway, but not any right before I gave him the blood
---

#6bobevansPosted 11/16/2011 9:18:58 PM
He was supposed to pick up the book and die.
I say it bugged, only option is to restart from previous save Unless someone knows a console command.
---
[FC:0172-5271-1518] [Name: Damien] [Town: Oblivion]
#7Snoopydance(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 9:19:21 PM
Well, killing him advanced the quest. But why didn't it say kill him, and why should I have to kill him? I said no to the Daedric Prince. Hmm. Oh well I guess. I kind of put him out of his misery. Thanks guys.
---

#8viperesquePosted 11/16/2011 9:20:16 PM(edited)
Hmm. It might be related to that then. If you agree to be his champion, then he just strikes Septimus down and you can take the book. Something else might happen if you say no, and that might be bugged. Sorry I can't be more use.
---
FACT: Four out of five people are crushed to death by giant diamonds every day.
#9maestro4202Posted 11/17/2011 7:50:47 PM
viperesque posted...
Hmm. It might be related to that then. If you agree to be his champion, then he just strikes Septimus down and you can take the book. Something else might happen if you say no, and that might be bugged. Sorry I can't be more use.

Yeah, I just had this bug too - really annoying as I had the same problem in a main quest earlier. I'll try attacking him also.
#10Bastian772Posted 11/17/2011 7:52:41 PM
The sooner people learn that any quest bug can be fixed with the console, the better. It's literally as simple as setting the stage for the quest ahead by one.
---
Asus P7P55D Pro | Intel I7-870 Lynnfield @ 2.93ghz | 8GB Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | GTX 560 Ti | Antec 902
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1071462255.png