Quick-Save and Auto-Save

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Quick-Save and Auto-Save

User Info: KraidozHinako

KraidozHinako
5 years ago#1
I heard about the auto-saves being broken in this game (of which i'm a victim to the bug) so I turned them off.

Now I have searched for an answer but couldn't find one...

Are quick-saves just as buggy as auto-saves? ...or should I stick only to the manual save?

Thanks in advance.
PSN: Kraidoz
I came to laugh at you! Is that what you were expecting me to say?" -Char Aznable

User Info: elessarGObonzo

elessarGObonzo
5 years ago#2

have had no trouble at all with saves. set my Auto-Save function to every 10 minutes and it works good. without Quick-Saves I would've thrown my mouse through the window by now.

havent seen anything bout problems with it. what r u experiencing?

User Info: cidiuscreid

cidiuscreid
5 years ago#3
Ever since Fallout 3 I've always turned off Auto-Save and almost exclusively use Quick Saves on my main character (still use manual saves on, what I assume at the time, to be an integral choice) and have had no issues so far.
"Nothing can stop the honey badger when its hungry."
http://man-size.livejournal.com/523936.html

User Info: reinhartmenken

reinhartmenken
5 years ago#4
Both saves work just as well. I left my auto-save on default, and that means it auto saves everytime you change an area, which is pretty good if you change area/fast travel often. I tend to rely on quick save when traveling manually.

Like as said, both saves work fine, not buggy.

User Info: panzar dragoon

panzar dragoon
5 years ago#5
Yep, no issues with me. I auto-save whenever I travel, rest, or change areas, and auto-save whenever I feel the need.
XBOX Live GT: BlackMortyFlint

User Info: KraidozHinako

KraidozHinako
5 years ago#6
Well, my last save file got screwed over because I relied on auto saves.

*** contains slight spoilers ***
This is my thread about my issue:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61026756
PSN: Kraidoz
I came to laugh at you! Is that what you were expecting me to say?" -Char Aznable

User Info: Viper114

Viper114
5 years ago#7
Saving of all kind is working fine, I just hate how the game chooses to not auto-save at times so I have to go back a lot after something happens. Auto-save needs to happen a bit more often.
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."

User Info: Mirm83

Mirm83
5 years ago#8
Just ran into a problem.

My auto saves recently stopped removing themselves from the load list after a period of time. Now there is just one slot available for a quicksave instead of the few I've been used to. When it got down to 1 slot, it would periodically decide to not replace the old quicksave with the new, in a particularly difficult area. I ended up having to play the area over many times, and still haven''t finished it.

Trying to figure out how to delete old saves.

User Info: Radar

Radar
5 years ago#9
^^ on Win7 "Documents/Games/Skyrim/Saves"

Auto-saves can be buggy for people, because of when it happens, but with quick-saves, just make sure that nothing is 'happening' like combat or people talking to you.
PSN name: Action_Slacks
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Quick-Save and Auto-Save

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived