The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What happens if you use the console code to make a non marryable NPC marry you?

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 11/17/2011 11:31:27 PM
A lot of people have said you can use the "Addfac 19809 1" console code to fix Lydia not being able to marry you. But I have heard some people say you can actually use that console code on anyone and make them marryable. What happens if you do this?
---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2SkybladeNoxPosted 11/17/2011 11:33:28 PM
If it's just a flavor NPC, like the ones that wander around and whatnot, nothing. If it's a storekeeper or a quest related NPCs, weird stuff happens.
#3MASKOAAAPosted 11/17/2011 11:36:01 PM
SkybladeNox posted...
If it's just a flavor NPC, like the ones that wander around and whatnot, nothing. If it's a storekeeper or a quest related NPCs, weird stuff happens.

What kind of weird stuff o_0
#4LzyRobPosted 11/17/2011 11:36:06 PM
SkybladeNox posted...
weird stuff happens.

I've seen some things maan. And some stuff.

I wouldn't recommend it
---
Anytime something doesn't make sense.... A wizard did it!
MAC11 = OP ::: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ka4Zxj_a4
#5SushiSquidPosted 11/17/2011 11:39:19 PM
It seems to work fine, but you'll need to do two things. First, the NPC must be in the marriage faction, and second, the NPC must have a high enough disposition toward you.

addfac 19809 1
setrelationshiprank player 4

Click on the NPC and use both of these commands to do that. This lets you marry pretty much anyone, even if that person is already married. It doesn't work on some people, though, including children. Once married, the NPC will act just like any other spouse. I married Hroki of Markarth and her parents attended the wedding. Afterward, she opened a shop.
#6DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2011 11:47:13 PM
Does that mean you can marry most NPCs and they would work just like any other normally marryable NPC with no differences or disadvantages?

Then why the limit of marryable NPCs in the 1st place of they don't have special interactions or reactions?
---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#7siuchePosted 11/17/2011 11:48:52 PM
so I can get a random Forsaken or Bandit to marry me? (If I use the code to stop them from being hostile) Hmm... how about marrying a dragon?
#8Master1ChefPosted 11/17/2011 11:51:26 PM
siuche posted...
so I can get a random Forsaken or Bandit to marry me? (If I use the code to stop them from being hostile) Hmm... how about marrying a dragon?

You probably come back to your house and find the whole town murdered.
---
<3 Flank Steak
#9thefatman999Posted 11/17/2011 11:52:43 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Does that mean you can marry most NPCs and they would work just like any other normally marryable NPC with no differences or disadvantages?

Then why the limit of marryable NPCs in the 1st place of they don't have special interactions or reactions?

The better question is why they even included marriage when basically all your spouse is is a 2nd housecarl who can make you 1 meal per day...
#10SteamsterPosted 11/17/2011 11:55:11 PM
thefatman999 posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...

The better question is why they even included marriage when basically all your spouse is is a 2nd housecarl who can make you 1 meal per day...

It's an extra bullet point for their power point slide shows.