Thief guild final quest (spoilers)

#1The_White2086Posted 11/18/2011 7:10:52 AM
Ok, so I've done pretty much all the thief guild quests and I'm up to "Under New Management" and specifically the objective "Become Guild Master of the Thieves Guild" My problem is that the ceremony will not start, I have tried talking to everyone (they just tell me to go do the ceremony). I have tried standing in the center of the area (where the game told me to stand) and nothing happens. I have tried exiting and entering the area and I have tried reloading an earlier save. Am I missing something obvious?
---
I'm seriously laughing my ass off right now at those names. I wish I was Maleysia's boss, so I could be all like "IMMA FIRIN' MALEYSIA" - mootoast
#2The_White2086(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 7:23:02 AM
bump. please help, I wanna get this done before I go to bed
---
I'm seriously laughing my ass off right now at those names. I wish I was Maleysia's boss, so I could be all like "IMMA FIRIN' MALEYSIA" - mootoast
#3SoulTrapperPosted 11/18/2011 7:27:05 AM
I went through the entire TG and I'm not sure what you are talking about, could you explain in detail?
---
PSN: El_Coon
#4Shear666Posted 11/18/2011 7:29:08 AM
If you finish all the side Jobs from the Guy you sell special Items to and the main Quest they pronounce you Guild Master.
---
I'm so Evil I have my own Music!
#5The_White2086(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 7:32:03 AM
Sure. After finishing the main set of thieves guild quests and doing 5 of the random jobs in each of Windhelm, Markarth, Whiterun, Riften and Solitude you get a 'special request' in each city. After doing each of those you head back to the guild and get the quest "Under New Management". The goals for this quest (so far) are
Speak to Brynjolf about becoming Guild Master (done)
Proceed to the center of the Cistern (done)
Become Guild Master for the Thieves Guild (the one I am having issues with)

At this point there is no quest marker on my map or compass. Everyone in the guild just tells me to talk to them later after the initiation ceremony and standing in the center of the cistern (what I assume is what you are supposed to do) does nothing
---
#6xWoW_RougexPosted 11/18/2011 7:47:59 AM
Hmm good question. All I know is this:

I spoke to Brynolf which was in the training quarter. He spoke a few lines and then slowly proceeded to walk to the circle and I follow'd. During this time, the npcs couldn't be spoken to _at all_ since it said "This person is busy".

I suppose the number 1 question really now is: Where is Brynolf now? Assuming he's not in the circle, maybe find him again? If he's amongst the others, well, you probably got yourself a problem. :P
#7The_White2086(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 7:49:41 AM
Nope, Bryn is with the other 3 in the main circle and tells me to talk to him after the ceremony
---
#8The_White2086(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 8:06:31 AM
OK, screw it, anyone know a console code to set this objective to complete? Maybe that will let me get to the next part
---
#9The_White2086(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 8:23:50 AM
Right... problem solved with console commands and Google :D
setstage TGLeadership 40
and now the ceremony is done suddenly and the objective is to "talk to bryn about being guild master"
Save and restart Steam so achievements can be gained.
Talked to Bryn, got told to go to Tonalia to get something. Talked to her, got me some better armor and an achievement and a quest complete.

Pity I had to resort to cheating because of a glitch in the game and that I missed seeing the ceremony but at least I got it done.

Thanks for the replies guys
---
#10xWoW_RougexPosted 11/18/2011 10:19:03 AM
At least you're on PC lol. Gotta feel for those consolers (ps3,.360), if I am right, they don't have the console at all (ironic right omgloool).