Do Items placed in your House disappear?

#1Hangman1307Posted 11/18/2011 4:21:42 PM

Not the chest mind you, just around the house like for cosmetic reasons. Planning to collect skulls from all over skyrim and place them on my bed like I did with Fallout 3 (except it was teddies in that game).

#2maxrevivePosted 11/18/2011 4:30:23 PM
No they don't disappear, but putting objects around the house can get annoying because after you arrange your stuff in the perfect position, if you save/reload in the house, the objects you dropped will respawn at the place where you first dropped them.

From my experience anyway, to get your stuff to stay in position, you have to drop your stuff, leave the house, then re-enter to arrange them.
---
`
,,`,,
#3Hangman1307(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 4:33:55 PM

maxrevive posted...
No they don't disappear, but putting objects around the house can get annoying because after you arrange your stuff in the perfect position, if you save/reload in the house, the objects you dropped will respawn at the place where you first dropped them.

From my experience anyway, to get your stuff to stay in position, you have to drop your stuff, leave the house, then re-enter to arrange them.
---
`
,,`,,

Dang that sounds annoying. Thanks for the hands up though.

#4Belmont420Posted 11/20/2011 11:02:53 AM
incorrect, i lost my Wooden Mask and my enchanted Blade's sword, the F***blade of Skjoldaav. then i went into my house and it did this kinda no-clipping thing, and i was standing underneath my house staring at the F***blade about 50 ft away from me, hovering in midair. i play on 360 but there was no topic for this in 360.
#5RedRocket204Posted 11/20/2011 11:07:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6RedRocket204Posted 11/20/2011 11:09:00 AM
Side topic...

Will stuff get stolen from inside your house if you do not have someone stand-by to guard it, like Lydia or a wife, etc.?

If items can be stolen, is there a best way to avoid items being stolen other than a guard?
---
"...it doesn't just kill you, but also stomps on your genitals when you're down. And it will make you realize that that's what you needed all along."
#7AdicusDiojrPosted 11/20/2011 11:16:01 AM
Belmont420 posted...
incorrect, i lost my Wooden Mask and my enchanted Blade's sword, the F***blade of Skjoldaav. then i went into my house and it did this kinda no-clipping thing, and i was standing underneath my house staring at the F***blade about 50 ft away from me, hovering in midair. i play on 360 but there was no topic for this in 360.

Try removing the player collision through the skyrim.ini. This *should* let you go under the house and allow you to pick up the item. get back on solid ground, save. Quit the game. Turn collision back on. Then load your save. If all is well, you'll be good to go. Make sure you aren't clipping when you save as it might give issues after turning off collision.

In order to view your COMPLETE skyrim.ini, type "saveini" in the console WITHOUT quotation marks. It will now show ALL your .ini settings.
---
I picked up my 1st joystick 30 years ago; played Armor Battle on my uncle's Intellivison, and exploited my 1st in game glitch at age 4.~RI.P. Uncle Scott
#8OldDirtyCRPosted 11/20/2011 11:18:02 AM
AdicusDiojr posted...
Belmont420 posted...

Try removing the player collision through the skyrim.ini. This *should* let you go under the house and allow you to pick up the item. get back on solid ground, save. Quit the game. Turn collision back on. Then load your save. If all is well, you'll be good to go. Make sure you aren't clipping when you save as it might give issues after turning off collision.

In order to view your COMPLETE skyrim.ini, type "saveini" in the console WITHOUT quotation marks. It will now show ALL your .ini settings.

No offense but did you read his post beyond the first sentence?
---
PSP SC? - http://i56.tinypic.com/mbqwdt.jpg
#9SteamsterPosted 11/20/2011 11:18:04 AM
My house is littered with empty wine bottles.

I'm pretty sure they're all still there, but it's hard to keep track with how many I have.
#10maxrevivePosted 11/20/2011 7:01:36 PM
Belmont420 posted...

Someones a little slow. Just what is incorrect? You're not even playing the PC version.

Here's a tip: go back to the 360 board and make a topic.
---
`
,,`,,