Doesn't make sense... Starting to get the blue screen of death out of nowhere?

#1swithian_kazbarPosted 11/18/2011 6:23:24 PM
So I've been playing this game for about 40 hours already, and now suddenly everytime I start up the game, about 10 minutes into a fight or so, I get the blue screen of death and my computer restarts. Nothing else causes it, if I don't play Skyrim, I don't get the blue screen of death.

Could this be some sort of hardware problem? This almost never happened in the whole time I've been playing Skyrim. It's only happened about 2 times in this whole week, but today it won't stop at all :/
---
<(^_^)>
YOU WILL MANUALLY BREATHE AND BE AWARE OF YOUR BLINKING AFTER READING THIS MESSAGE
#2JoebearPosted 11/18/2011 6:25:29 PM
the blue screen of death is almost always a hardware problem. most likely it is an issue with your graphics card
---
Brawl FC: 4339-2162-9268
COD FC: 2965- 3090- 9757
#3more_cow_bellPosted 11/18/2011 6:25:30 PM

Could this be some sort of hardware problem?

that is what the BSD means something in there is failing
---
One time a thing occured to me What's real, and what's for sale?
Blew a kiss and tried to take it home
#4nobattlePosted 11/18/2011 6:25:56 PM
screenies? and where are you actually? Share it so the rest of the community can avoid your problem or even propose a solution to your problem...
---
"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because, in truth, we are still prisoners of society"
#5swithian_kazbar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 6:26:27 PM
Hmm... Are there any ways to fix it? Or do I have to get a new graphics card? :/
---
<(^_^)>
YOU WILL MANUALLY BREATHE AND BE AWARE OF YOUR BLINKING AFTER READING THIS MESSAGE
#6bekyuubiPosted 11/18/2011 6:27:24 PM
It does sound like hardware failure to me. Once I forgot to set my video card fan to 80% running speed, and the temperature went up to 95 degree celcius. It is possible that your PC, for 40 hours went through such temps thus causing BSOD. Best way to find out is to bring it to a local shop for testing though.
---
His eyes are so distant; He is so far away...
I am destruction, destroyer...
#7swithian_kazbar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 6:29:26 PM
*possible spoilers*

I'm doing the quest where you find the three amulet fragments from those dead guys, then you go to that cave to reforge it. The BSOD happens randomly when I'm fighting one of the guys. I got the BSOD ONCE a few hours ago during the same quest, but in a different area, when I was killing one of the guys in Saarthall.

I might try to console kill them and see what happens next, but I haven't got any high hopes.
---
<(^_^)>
#8ShimmerManPosted 11/18/2011 6:29:44 PM

memory probably...  If you're OC'ing lower the overclock on the memory and that will probably make it go away.

#9Talus057Posted 11/18/2011 6:31:39 PM
Turn off autosave. Solves the problem for 98% of people getting a BSOD. (including me)
#10jsmith0730Posted 11/18/2011 6:40:12 PM
I got my first one earlier today, first time I got this kind too. It was the one that says a device driver was trying to corrupt the system. No viruses/malware and my display drivers are up to date. It was just as I was walking to the execution. Caused the screen to artifact, but I could pull up the menu screen fine before the BSOD popped up.