Is there a cure for werewolfism?

#1magicberylPosted 11/19/2011 2:42:19 PM
or lycantrope something. I already beat the companions quest line and "using" the altar from "that quest" doesn't work.
#2LabyrinthMindPosted 11/19/2011 2:43:46 PM
That altar is in fact how you cure lycanthropy (If you want to... the only effects active normally are no resting xp bonuses and disease immunity).

You need one head for the quest, and one head for yourself.
#3gkovacPosted 11/19/2011 2:44:52 PM

You must have a hag's head to summon your inner beast at the altar, when you kill it lycantropy is cured. Or you just encounterd a bug.

#4PRylarPosted 11/19/2011 2:46:09 PM
Some people have mentioned that you need to cure everyone who asks for it, and the last head of the 5 is for yourself.
#5KuroskataPosted 11/19/2011 2:47:39 PM
Yes, keep in mind that you need to cure Vilkas and Farkas first, at least in the cases of some games (I couldn't cure myself either until they were both cured). Just do their mercenary sidequests until they show signs of wanting to cure themselves, and after they're both cured, then you should be able to drop your own witches' head in and finish it up.
#6GregarBassPosted 11/19/2011 2:49:12 PM
There IS a cure, but it's a 1-way ticket.

If you cure yourself of lycanthropy, you can't ever become one again.

Unlike Vampirism, which can be contracted over and over.
---
"Yes, swooping is bad."
Check Quote for FC's
#7PRylarPosted 11/19/2011 2:55:53 PM
GregarBass posted...
There IS a cure, but it's a 1-way ticket.

If you cure yourself of lycanthropy, you can't ever become one again.

Unlike Vampirism, which can be contracted over and over.

You can contact the vampire disease over and over, but you won't turn.
#8magicberyl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2011 3:07:07 PM
oh geez, how many boring quests do i have to do until they ask for cure?
#9_Elite_Bushido_Posted 11/19/2011 3:09:29 PM

Yes, keep in mind that you need to cure Vilkas and Farkas first, at least in the cases of some games (I couldn't cure myself either until they were both cured). Just do their mercenary sidequests until they show signs of wanting to cure themselves, and after they're both cured, then you should be able to drop your own witches' head in and finish it up.

wait i thought they like being werewolves?
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
If Mudkip is your Lord and Savior and you're 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#10Master1ChefPosted 11/19/2011 3:09:51 PM
Is there any downside to it....besides not being rested?
---
<3 Flank Steak