Can't absorb elder dragon souls?

#1Karnage891Posted 11/20/2011 7:46:30 AM
I just killed one and it's not dissolving. I recently switched to master difficulty, if that matters.
---
Children are small and weak, if one tried to attack me I could easily kill it. ~ MysticButtCrystal
#2AnDtuigeannTuPosted 11/20/2011 7:49:10 AM
I heard someone say that you can't absorb any more souls after a certain amount? Dunno if there's any truth to it though
---
Ciunas bothar cailin bainne. Tabhair dom an caca milis.
#3Karnage891(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 7:50:17 AM
....Then how am I supposed to unlock more shouts?

Is that a bug or just Bethesda being dumb?

Is there a console command to add a dragon soul? I hope so... >_>
---
Children are small and weak, if one tried to attack me I could easily kill it. ~ MysticButtCrystal
#4AnDtuigeannTuPosted 11/20/2011 7:56:15 AM
Well I'd assume the soul cap would be at the amount needed to get all shouts, because afterwards the souls become useless. You can check your current soul amount in the shouts section of the magic menu.

Also Player.modav dragonsouls x (x being the amount of souls you want to add)
---
#5TommyGunerPosted 11/20/2011 7:57:52 AM
The total shouts you can absorb is 24 I think after that the dragons don't dissolve.
#6MBO-SephyPosted 11/20/2011 8:00:51 AM
24? Crap I'm almost at the cap, then.
#7Karnage891(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 8:03:16 AM
Well I'm not anywhere near 24.

Alright screw it, just going to manually add a soul for each dragon I kill I guess. Thanks.
---
#8AnDtuigeannTuPosted 11/20/2011 8:06:29 AM
Well as you unlock shouts you use up the dragon souls, so your total might be 24 but your current usable might be alot less. Depending on how many shouts you currently have.

You can find a list of the shouts here, these will spoil any surprise for powers you didnt know you could have though.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dragon_Soul#Achievements
---
#9benny_lava27Posted 11/20/2011 8:07:00 AM
what? it's a known bug that not all of the dragon sou can be absorbed.. sometimes it just happens, don't worry it's not game breaking, dragons are plenty. hopefully bethesda will patch this next week.

Right now i have 31 dragon souls and not a problem.