Lydia missing, Checked both Dragonsreach and my house multiple times.

#1fallisawsmePosted 11/20/2011 10:44:04 PM
I've had her leave me before, but I was able to go back to either of those two locations and find her to have her re-join. However, ever since I did the thieves guild quest to team up with Mercer in the ruins, Lydia has been gone, and has not been in the house or Dragonsreach, even after waiting/sleeping for multiple days in both locations.

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
---
wii number: 6445-3314-0427-112
SSBB friend code: 3652-0212-0984 Name: Mike.
#2GraltharunPosted 11/20/2011 10:45:21 PM
She's worthless anyway. You're better off.

Personally, I sacrificed her at Boethia's Shrine.

On a serous note, sorry, I have no idea. Maybe it's a glitch?
#3Back_StabbathPosted 11/20/2011 10:46:34 PM
Try "player.placeatme 000A2C8E" without the quotes in the console. She'll probably lose anything you gave her, though.
---
http://steamcard.com/do/original/Stabbath.png
http://i.imgur.com/SfV5h.gif
#4whatmustidoPosted 11/20/2011 10:47:50 PM
She might have died. That happened to me with Illia. She died off screen somewhere and I never even found her body.
---
Morality is relative and based on opinions. Everyone has a different opinion, so everyone has a different view on what is right or wrong. What is right?
#5AdicusDiojrPosted 11/20/2011 10:51:06 PM(edited)
fallisawsme posted...
I've had her leave me before, but I was able to go back to either of those two locations and find her to have her re-join. However, ever since I did the thieves guild quest to team up with Mercer in the ruins, Lydia has been gone, and has not been in the house or Dragonsreach, even after waiting/sleeping for multiple days in both locations.

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

I keep my character in Whiterun. If I leave her somewhere, she'll usually wait 1-2 in-game days or there about, then return to to Whiterun as that's her designated house assuming you bought it. Otherwise, she'll be in the *city* you found her in.
---
I picked up my 1st joystick 30 years ago; played Armor Battle on my uncle's Intellivison, and exploited my 1st in game glitch at age 4.~RI.P. Uncle Scott
#6UndiscoveredBumPosted 11/20/2011 10:49:11 PM
She's done this to while I was in Blackreach. I went back to search for her once and she just randomly spawned by one of those lifts.

I say forget about her unless she was carrying something valuable.
---
Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. `www.axemurderingworms.com`
#7AdicusDiojrPosted 11/20/2011 10:49:54 PM
BTW, you *can* kill her by accident. If she's kneeling during an attack, and you hit her with an arrow or whatever, she will die and it might go unnoticed if there's a bunch of enemies.
---
I picked up my 1st joystick 30 years ago; played Armor Battle on my uncle's Intellivison, and exploited my 1st in game glitch at age 4.~RI.P. Uncle Scott
#8ZeausPosted 11/20/2011 10:50:13 PM
I thought I lost my companion until i realized I asked them to "wait" at an area and went on dungeoning and forgot all about it
---
YGO WC 2010 = Brose 1205-1076-2041
#9fallisawsme(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 10:54:04 PM
Thanks for all of the quick responses guys. I figured It was probably either me accidentally killing her or telling her to go wait in a random spot, which basically meant she was lost forever, but I simply wanted the pack mule aspect of having her around without needed to go grab another follower.

The console command worked like a charm and I had some extra gear lying around to give her anyways, so problem solved :D

Thanks again.
---
wii number: 6445-3314-0427-112
SSBB friend code: 3652-0212-0984 Name: Mike.
#10NOD_GODPosted 11/20/2011 10:56:00 PM
what is everybody's obsession with lydia?

not a criticism, I just genuinely don't understand what makes her so good. probably because i never use companions.

is there something about her that makes her the best companion for some reason?