Bound Bow vs normal bow

#1DigitalZPosted 11/21/2011 4:24:11 AM
What is better?

I went with conjuration / destruction and now switching to conjuration (60) /archery. Are bound bows better then normal bows or should I get good normal bow and enchant it?
#2DomiMMKPosted 11/21/2011 10:35:20 AM
OniDragon posted...
What is better?

I went with conjuration / destruction and now switching to conjuration (60) /archery. Are bound bows better then normal bows or should I get good normal bow and enchant it?

Bound bows are slightly better than Daedric Bows

But if you get Conjuration to 90+ you can do the quest to use the Atronach Forge which lets you create Daedric Weapons and Armor

So Conjuration should last you the entire game
#3Isaac_RedfieldPosted 11/21/2011 12:50:33 PM(edited)
Why do people keep making the false claims that Bound Weapons are equal to or greater than Daedric?

The bound swords and axe are one damage apart from Skyforge Steel (Glass damage) and the bow is Ebony level.

Regardless, they are strong enough to last from the time you get them until you finish the game. Although, if you end up using a two-handed weapon, you may as well just use the Skyforge and enchant it, unless you really need that free 7lbs.
#4UnknownToasterPosted 11/21/2011 12:49:33 PM
Bound Weapons can't be improved via blacksmith or enchanted.

/end thread
---
irc://irc.immortal-anime.net/prowrestling
Official Pro Wrestling IRC Chat! =D
#5Sypher1993Posted 11/21/2011 1:52:46 PM
Wow, stop the presses! Bound weapons are weak? Dude, I have a lvl 42 character, I am able to craft deadric weapons but in my opinion bound weapons are much stronger. Not only the archery and weapon skills up the power of the weapons but also conjuration itself. The only downside is the timelimit, but I have more then enough magicka and the power of dual wield bound sword and bow is unbelievable I have no problems with dragons, draugr, dwemer machines or highpriests what so ever.

And besides the power, the weapons look so bloody awesome!
#6CaptinBuggaNutsPosted 11/21/2011 1:54:38 PM
Sypher1993 posted...
Wow, stop the presses! Bound weapons are weak? Dude, I have a lvl 42 character, I am able to craft deadric weapons but in my opinion bound weapons are much stronger. Not only the archery and weapon skills up the power of the weapons but also conjuration itself. The only downside is the timelimit, but I have more then enough magicka and the power of dual wield bound sword and bow is unbelievable I have no problems with dragons, draugr, dwemer machines or highpriests what so ever.

+1
#7RocketdotPosted 11/21/2011 1:59:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8MrXGamerPosted 11/21/2011 2:00:08 PM

Level 49 here. I doubt your bound bow is doing 300+ dmg per shot like my Daedric bow. I'm not a pure mage, so I'd rather save my magicka for casting atronachs and adept destruction.
---
nForce 780i | Q6600 @ 3.2GHz | EVGA GTX 480 | 4GB - DDR2 | X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion | Blu-ray | Vista x64
#9DomiMMKPosted 11/21/2011 2:09:48 PM
Isaac_Redfield posted...
Why do people keep making the false claims that Bound Weapons are equal to or greater than Daedric?

The bound swords and axe are one damage apart from Skyforge Steel (Glass damage) and the bow is Ebony level.

Regardless, they are strong enough to last from the time you get them until you finish the game. Although, if you end up using a two-handed weapon, you may as well just use the Skyforge and enchant it, unless you really need that free 7lbs.

Where are you pulling this information from?

I can't find any of the stats for the bound weaponry but people have said they are equivalent to or better than deadric with the bound weapon perk.

The Bound Arrows I know for a fact have the same damage as Daedric Arrows: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ammunition

So it is not that much of a stretch to assume the bow does to