Purple texture glitch?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Purple texture glitch?
4 years ago#1
So I took a break from Skyrim for a couple days, to get myself back into the real world, and when I come back to play, there are weird texture glitches all around me. Instead of detailed objects, such as armour, grass or shrubs, it shows a basic shape, smoothed out with a purple/blue-ish tint to it. Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks in advance.
Gamertag:TyUnit
4 years ago#2
bump
4 years ago#3
Anotha bump. This board is always so fast. -_-
4 years ago#4
I had that happen once, but only after I had been playing about 5 or 6 hours straight. I saved the game, quit to desktop, and when I reloaded the save from a fresh restart of the game, everything was fine.
4 years ago#5
Yea I usually get this when I've been playing for a long stretch. Quitting/reopening steam generally fixes it. If that doesn't work, Verify the game cache in steam and that should fix anything
Even a blind monkey finds an acorn
4 years ago#6
Yeah, it happens to me too if I play for long periods of time, and if I keep going, there is a good possibility the game will soft crash to the desktop (like I pressed Alt-F4 or something). I think it may be some sort of small memory leak that worsens over time, but usually just closing and opening Skyrim again fixes it.
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
4 years ago#7
Yeah but this was the first time I had played it in over a day...and I played for less than 30 minutes. -_-
4 years ago#8
If restarting isn't fixing it then verify the game files.

I've had it happen for trees (turned the leaves into blue sheets) and wood (turned all of a certain type of wood purple)
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk
4 years ago#9
Go to your Steam library, right click Skyrim, go to properties--local files---verify integrity of game cache
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Purple texture glitch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived