Removing Perks?

#1Spetznaz666Posted 11/25/2011 1:55:17 AM
In the cheats section there's a consol command to add a perk, is there anyway I can use that to remove perks? I dont want to cheat but I kinda messed up my character and would hate to start over. Therefore I want to remove some perks and then add some to the things I need. Anyway to do that?

Thanks in advance!
---
Orange colors on the uniforms defeats the whole purpose of even giving them MARPAT-like digital camo if the orange is t-bagging you in the eyes----RoffleCakes
#2jsmith0730Posted 11/25/2011 1:58:07 AM(edited)
removeperk <perk ID>

(don't forget player. in front)
#3Spetznaz666(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 1:56:37 AM
Huh lol, who woulda thought that would be the name... thanks man!
---
Orange colors on the uniforms defeats the whole purpose of even giving them MARPAT-like digital camo if the orange is t-bagging you in the eyes----RoffleCakes
#4Coltonh65Posted 11/25/2011 1:57:41 AM
Using the console, type in:

Player.removeperk <Perk ID>

rather than

Player.addperk <Perk ID>

Be warned that you have to add/remove perks with multiple levels in the correct order, otherwise the math/calculations get screwy.
#5Spetznaz666(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 2:01:50 AM
So say I want to remove all my Archery perks? Do I start from the top or from the very first ones? And say I have multiple points in a perk would I do, player.removeperk "perkID" "number I want to remove"?
---
#6myztikricePosted 11/25/2011 2:03:24 AM
It doesn't matter where you start from, you can remove perks anywhere in the tree.

If a spell has 3 ranks like Mage Armor in Alteration if you type 'help "mage armor" 4' it will list 3 perks with the name Mage Armor, the first one is the 1/3 rank in Mage Armor, 2nd is 2/3, etc.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#7jsmith0730Posted 11/25/2011 2:03:42 AM
Yep. You start from the top and work your way down to the first perk, and as for multiple points in a perk, you remove them one at a time.
#8Spetznaz666(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 2:06:38 AM
Gotcha, thanks guys.
---
#9MivoPosted 11/26/2011 6:01:14 PM
jsmith0730 posted...
Yep. You start from the top and work your way down to the first perk, and as for multiple points in a perk, you remove them one at a time.

So if a perk has multiple ranks, say one to three, do you first remove the one that was put in last? In this example, the order of removing them would be: rank3, rank2, rank1?