Can you buy a house in Morthal?

#1spanky1Posted 11/25/2011 10:26:51 PM
I like houses. :)
---
Spanky
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/138/377153264_fada9efcca_m.jpg
#2PlanescapedPosted 11/25/2011 10:28:21 PM
Morthal, Dawnstar Falkreath and to a lesser extent Winterhold all suck d***'s.

Seriously they fail and have no houses.

Solitude, Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm and Riften are neat though.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#3suchiuomizuPosted 11/25/2011 10:28:56 PM
No. Whiterun, Solitude, Markarth, Winterhold, and Riften are the only cities with houses.
#4MwulfPosted 11/25/2011 10:32:00 PM
Which house do you guys like best?

I've only got homes in Markarth, Whiterun and Riften so far: Whiterun looks the nicest, Riften is the most efficient, and Markarth seems like it should be the best of the three in terms of functionality but it's too dark, the city is awful, and the layout is too funky for me. ~__~
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#5PlanescapedPosted 11/25/2011 10:33:18 PM(edited)
^Windhelm too.

You can also only buy the houses after becoming Thane. And Markarth's is bugged unless you use the console.

I hear the Solitude house is by far the best followed by the Windhelm one but those are the two I've yet to see myself.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#6GQ_AbdouPosted 11/25/2011 10:32:10 PM
suchiuomizu posted...
No. Whiterun, Solitude, Markarth, Winterhold, and Riften are the only cities with houses.

Windhelm, not Winterhold. Otherwise, yes, that's an accurate list. 5 houses total.
#7GQ_AbdouPosted 11/25/2011 10:33:55 PM
GQ_Abdou posted...
suchiuomizu posted...

Windhelm, not Winterhold. Otherwise, yes, that's an accurate list. 5 houses total.

Unless, I should say, you count... *minor spoilers ahead*

The neat little place you get in the College in Winterhold once you become Archmage
#8JokerxDragonPosted 11/25/2011 10:35:37 PM
planed scaped posted...
Morthal, Dawnstar Falkreath and to a lesser extent Winterhold all suck d***'s.

Seriously they fail and have no houses.

Solitude, Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm and Riften are neat though.

I like murdering the poor people of those crappy towns thank you.
---
AMD Phenom II 965 3.4GHz//AMD Radeon HD 6850//8GB DDR3 Patriot Ram//Win 7
#9PlanescapedPosted 11/25/2011 10:41:41 PM(edited)
My first playthrough I went to Whiterun, then to Windhelm, then to Riften, then I wanted to see Solitude so I took a carriage.

Then I went to Morthal expecting this neat city built on scaffolds to keep out the swamp and I cried at the pissant little village.

I expected Falkreath to be this awesome town built into a forest with Log cabin's and wood carvings and cried at the pissant little village.

I then went to Dawnstar expecting this huge seaport and wharf and yeah...

Winterhold is a pissant little village and is in fact the most pissant and little of them, but at least it has the awesome looking mages college and a reason for being so sucky.
---
#10RuefullyPosted 11/26/2011 12:23:06 AM
I really like Morthal. I like the fact that it is small. I just like the atmosphere of the town. Wish I could buy a house there.