Skyrim Save File Transferable

#1Nick_VPosted 11/28/2011 12:29:57 AM
If I were to save all of my skyrim files onto my computer somewhere and then uninstall skyrim would I be able to reinstall skyrim later and then past the files into the save directory?

I have final exams coming soon and cannot be tempted to play this game. I don't want to lose my file however.
#2z827Posted 11/28/2011 12:31:24 AM
Uninstalling the game seems kinda extreme.
Go to Documents / My Games / Skyrim / Save

Make Backups as you see fit.
#3pyrogamer09Posted 11/28/2011 12:34:04 AM
Seems like it would be easier to just not play the game and study.
#4viperesquePosted 11/28/2011 12:39:21 AM
Saves are stored on the Steam cloud anyway. You don't even need to back them up.
---
FACT: Four out of five people are crushed to death by giant diamonds every day.
#5Nick_VPosted 11/28/2011 12:40:13 AM

You would think that but no. I am running skyrim on my laptop and I use my laptop while I am studying.

I also have an insane amount of work to do which should involve me studying about 10-12 hours a day for the next 2 weeks. I need to try and avoid distractions any way I can.

I suppose I could just not bring a mouse. I wont wanna play with a trackpad.... hopefully.

#6dark_surgePosted 11/28/2011 1:11:12 AM(edited)
viperesque posted...
Saves are stored on the Steam cloud anyway. You don't even need to back them up.

Skyrim doesn't support Steam Cloud. At least it doesn't sync when I leave Skyrim anyways like it does other cloud enabled games. If they don't, I really wish they would, although I can understand why they don't want a few million people sending 100's of large save files per person to their cloud.

**Added**
If you check the Saints Row 3 Steam store page (for example) you'll see that it says "Steam Cloud" in green letters on the right hand of the screen near the bottom of the page. The Skyrim store page doesn't say that, unfortunately. (or fortunately for them) :)
---
I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be.
#7viperesquePosted 11/28/2011 2:36:59 AM
Dark Surge 6 posted...
Skyrim doesn't support Steam Cloud. At least it doesn't sync when I leave Skyrim anyways like it does other cloud enabled games. If they don't, I really wish they would, although I can understand why they don't want a few million people sending 100's of large save files per person to their cloud.

**Added**
If you check the Saints Row 3 Steam store page (for example) you'll see that it says "Steam Cloud" in green letters on the right hand of the screen near the bottom of the page. The Skyrim store page doesn't say that, unfortunately. (or fortunately for them) :)

Hmm. When I checked this before release it did have all the Steam Cloud icons. I guess they must have come to the same conclusion you did.
---
FACT: Four out of five people are crushed to death by giant diamonds every day.