OP Fortify Restoration Potion exploit

#1Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 4:52:09 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61198994

The glitch/exploit involve drinking multiple fortify restoration potions, wearing fortify alchemy equipment and create ungodly overpowering equipment in less than 10 minutes with very little starting material.

This glitch was done using 100 in both alchemy/enchanting, but it can be done with no skill/perk in alchemy and enchanting.

First, credit goes to l2pn and his youtube channel for giving me the foundation idea for discover this glitch.

So there I was watching a skyrim Enhancement State Glitch video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32WJjgcO_eE, by l2pn.

Where l2pn shows that by drinking a fortify restoration potion and un-equipping/equipping dark brother hood armor, he can increases the disease resistance by 40% and increases the fortifying effect duration to something ridiculous like 26,000 hours. So while the duration increases is nice, but the real kicker is the skill increase.

Since the game consider any fortify skill effect from either armor or potion as a restoration spell effect. That means all fortify skill effect can be enhance by drinking a fortify restoration potion first.

For example, if you drunk a +130% fortify restoration potion first before you drink fortify enchanting potion, you can upgrade the standard max-out +32% fortify enchanting to a monstrous magnitude of +73.6%!

But itís not over yet, the effect of a fortify restoration potion can be enhance by another fortify restoration potion and thus creating an infinite alchemy loop. This means each successive fortify restoration potion you chugged gets more and more powerful.

So to test my theory, I created and drunk like 5-10 fortify restoration potions using 100 skill alchemy and all the appropriate perks.

The first fortify effect goes 130%, ~500% for the second one, ~900% for the third one, ~3,000% for the fourth one, ~26,000% for the fifth potion. At the end of the session, I have like ~+3 million % fortify restoration effect.

By wearing the standard 29%x4 fortify alchemy suit while I was drinking the potion, I was able to have +19,000 % alchemy skills! from each piece of my alchemy suit.

From the total of +76,000 % alchemy, I was able to create +5,000 % fortify enchanting potion, 85,000 % blacksmith potion and paralysis poison that last 999 seconds.

Using the +5,000% enchanting potion, I created a new alchemy suit with +22,000% alchemy & blacksmithing skill on every single piece.

So you can see where i'm going with this.

I did this on PS3 for both patch 1.1 and patch 1.2, both seems to work fine.

To do this glitch you need some fortify restoration ingredients (abcean fish & salt pile, all pretty common stuff), at least 1 fortify alchemy armor and some low level soul gem to create the first iteration of ungodly fortify alchemy gear.

Follow the l2pn's youtube instruction and drink multiple fortify restoration potions beforehand. Then you should able to create potion of ungodly magnitude.

This guy found it, and a couple people have done it but don't really know how they did it exactly. A few of us have tried to do it and failed. Anyone care to test it out a bit? I don't know if it will work on PC but I'd like to figure this out.
---
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.
#2Marley237Posted 11/30/2011 4:56:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Sin JackalPosted 11/30/2011 4:58:12 AM
So basically the tl:dr version is:

Drink several fortify restoration potions in a row, then drink a fortify alchemy or enchant or blacksmith potion after, and it's supposed to magnify the effect,

Figured I'd just dumb it down to one sentence for people.
#4Tron-Burgundy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 4:59:28 AM
The guy was talking about having a 1000% increase though.

A 5000% blackmith potion.

My alchemy% caps out after two potions.
---
#5SkirePosted 11/30/2011 5:05:30 AM
Not sure why anyone would care if it works on the PC, if you're going to go that far to cheat you may as well just use the console
#6Tron-Burgundy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2011 5:07:40 AM
I forgot that you guys could just do that...off to the 360 board.
---