The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Glitch: wear a helmet and a circlet

#1darkgoobPosted 12/2/2011 8:10:21 AM
In case you had not discovered this:

You can wear a Falmer Helmet and any circlet at the same time, giving you an extra pair of head-area enchanting slots. If you are not a Master of Enchanting with the dual enchantment perk, then you'd just get one extra slot. But still, it's cool, and IMHO it looks very sick.

This may be old news to some of you I'm sure, but I had not seen this widely mentioned before.
---
-=DG=-
#2Axels_BladePosted 12/2/2011 8:11:45 AM
I have never heard of that before. Send it on to the cheats section. Nice find.
---
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.
#3ShimmerManPosted 12/2/2011 8:12:54 AM

I knew this. You can even stack falmer helmet with Dragonpriest helms, but unfortunately this turns the characters head completely invisible.

#4MancombSeepgoodPosted 12/2/2011 8:15:58 AM
Well whaddya know, it actually works.
#5Slade8Posted 12/2/2011 8:19:19 AM
Is this a glitch? Because the Archmage's Robes has a hood but you can still wear circlets with it.
#6ShimmerManPosted 12/2/2011 8:21:57 AM

Yes it's a glitch. Falmer helm is also supposed to be heavy armor but it does not actually benefit from heavy armor perks..

#7darkgoob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 8:41:07 AM
Slade8 posted...
Is this a glitch? Because the Archmage's Robes has a hood but you can still wear circlets with it.

Good question... All I know is, if I wear Archmage's Robes and Morokei, then my head disappears half the time. But my head does not disappear while wearing Archmage's Robes with a circlet. Falmer Helmet is the only helmet, and Archmage's Robes are the only robes, that stack with circlets without the head vanishing. However while wearing the Falmer Helmet with a circlet, the circlet is not visible, whereas a circlet remains visible while you stack it with Archmage's Robes.

It seems more likely to me that the devs would have intended the Archmage's Robes to be worn with a circlet, especially since the curvature of the front part of the hood almost seems designed to just reveal a circlet's jeweled front. Otherwise I'd have expected the front of the hood to hang down much lower, as it does with the Hooded Black and Hooded Thalmor robes -- neither of which can be stacked with a circlet.

On the other hand, it seems unlikely to me that the devs intended circlets to stack with Falmor Helmets, since with the Falmer Helmet worn, you cannot see the circlet at all. However there is an abundance of Falmor magic users, and so perhaps this was intentional indeed. I actually hope it was intentional, since then, it will be less likely to get patched. :-D
---
-=DG=-
#8darkgoob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 8:41:34 AM
ShimmerMan posted...
Yes it's a glitch. Falmer helm is also supposed to be heavy armor but it does not actually benefit from heavy armor perks..

This.
---
-=DG=-
#9darkgoob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 8:51:06 AM
Actually I think this helmet is ugly as sin. It's a punishment for anyone who abuses it... Haha
---
-=DG=-