The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Can you take down the thieves guild?

#1slayerette0Posted 12/2/2011 3:01:11 PM
Is there an option for taking down the thieves guild in Riften or just a storyline for joining them?
---
-slayerette0 -
#2MaiagarePosted 12/2/2011 3:02:24 PM
Sadly, no. At least, there's no quest option to kill them off.
#3redness19Posted 12/2/2011 3:08:54 PM
Bethesda isn't willing to put that level of effort into their games, they leave that to the modders.

If Bethesda gave a rats bumb, their could have been options to stop the Thieves Guild, an option to not join the DB and stop their assassination of the Emperor.

Nope instead you eventually lead all the guilds and still get spoken down to by most of the members. No changes, no consequences, just one questline finished.
#4pizzasoupPosted 12/2/2011 3:10:00 PM
redness19 posted...
Bethesda isn't willing to put that level of effort into their games, they leave that to the modders.

If Bethesda gave a rats bumb, their could have been options to stop the Thieves Guild, an option to not join the DB and stop their assassination of the Emperor.

Nope instead you eventually lead all the guilds and still get spoken down to by most of the members. No changes, no consequences, just one questline finished.

Your point is severely undercut by the fact that you can completely eliminate the Thieves Guild.
---
So shines a good deed in a weary world.
#5suchiuomizuPosted 12/2/2011 3:12:49 PM(edited)
redness19 posted...

If Bethesda gave a rats bumb, their could have been options to stop the Thieves Guild, an option to not join the DB and stop...

You can wipe out the Brotherhood instead of joining them. That will stop them.
#6RhylosPosted 12/2/2011 3:14:58 PM
Yeah I don't like that I'm arch mage of the college, guild master of the theives guild, leader of the dark brotherhood, harbinger of the companions, as well as thane of several holds.

You should only be able to be the leader of one group imo, and really, as a leader you don't really do anything aside from running the same odd jobs as everyone else (except no one else seems to do anything since you're supposed to get a share of the profits and you never see them. Your spouse gives you more money than these organizations do.)
#7pizzasoupPosted 12/2/2011 3:16:02 PM
Rhylos posted...
Yeah I don't like that I'm arch mage of the college, guild master of the theives guild, leader of the dark brotherhood, harbinger of the companions, as well as thane of several holds.

You should only be able to be the leader of one group imo, and really, as a leader you don't really do anything aside from running the same odd jobs as everyone else (except no one else seems to do anything since you're supposed to get a share of the profits and you never see them. Your spouse gives you more money than these organizations do.)

I don't know, I actually liked the ability to be The Most Interesting Man in the World.
---
So shines a good deed in a weary world.
#8redness19Posted 12/2/2011 3:18:46 PM
Granted, you could just kill the entire Thieves Guild and the DB but you could essentially win the war for the Stormcloaks by killing every Jarl that doesn't support them and/or every imperial soldier in Skyrim.

You could do all that but the game will never recognize it or reward you for it like completing those respective questlines do.
#9RhylosPosted 12/2/2011 3:19:47 PM
But you're rarely, if ever, acknowledged as such.
#10Cabose420Posted 12/2/2011 3:21:11 PM
I don't always always drink beer. but when i do i mary a hagraven, steal a ring, trash a temple, then spend days looking for my friend while running into people i've "met" last night.