Console Addfac Marriage/Followers Guide

#1DWCastlesPosted 12/4/2011 5:46:35 AM
If you are having problems adding an NPC to the followers/marriage faction, the solution below should fix your problems. I'm just relaying this information because I figured it out after hours of messing around with the console. I'm going to go through the process step by step for anyone who does not know it. (In the post below, give me a second, don't post please.)
---
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula K. LeGuin
#2DWCastles(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2011 7:21:24 AM(edited)
1. Find the NPC you want to make a follower/marry. Open console with the tilde key. Click on the NPC. The NPC's ID will pop up when you click them, take note of the ID, you'll be using it later when you are setting relationship via console command.

If you want to marry the NPC type in: addfac 19809 1
If you want to make the NPC a follower type in: addfac 5C84D 1

2. Inorder for the follow/marriage choice to appear, the NPC has to like you. To do this, you need to set the NPC's relationship level. To set the relationship between you and the follower correctly, you need to type in BOTH OF the following lines into the console.

Setrelationshiprank "NPC ID HERE" 4
Player.setrelationshiprank "NPC ID HERE" 4

3. For certain NPCs, the marriage/follow options will not appear until you reset the NPCs dialogue options, to do so, type the following lines into the console.

Disable
Enable

4. If you just want to marry an NPC, you're done after the last step, the 4th step only pertains to people who are making NPCs followers. Inorder for some followers to fight enemies and instead of running around like idiots, you need to set their confidence level. To do this, open the console, click the NPC, and type the following lines into the console.

setav aggression 1
setav confidence 3

5. The last step you have to do is set your follower to essential, inorder to do this you need to use the NPCs ID Number. To figure out the ID number you need to type the following into the console.

Help "NPCs Name" 4

This will give you the ID, along with a lot of other random data about the NPC, take the code you find and type in the line below.

setessential "The ID you found" 1

6. You might find your new follower weak, and that's because your new follower does not level with you. Chances are they are a very low level and will die very quickly to anything that attacks them. The easiest way to remedy this is to open the console, click your follower and type.

setlevel "Insert level here"

After you complete step six, you're done. You now have your own essential NPC follower to do your bidding. Take note, if you do not set the NPC as essential, when they die, you may lose the NPC for good. Using resurrect on the NPC via the console will bring the NPC back to life, but the NPC will no longer follow you and may disappear from the game completely. So far, I haven't found a way around this, so setting the NPC to essential is a must.
---
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula K. LeGuin
#3DWCastles(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2011 6:19:25 AM(edited)
Well, that's about all, I can edit these posts more and add a few things if people want more specifics(such as how to set specific follower classes and how to increase follower levels), but I'm not typing all that stuff out right now. This is just meant to be a reference for people who are having problems adding NPCs to the follower/marriage faction.
---
#4ThisGuyThatPosted 12/4/2011 5:49:05 AM
If not for the fact that this is a guide to perform a function that is technically unsupported by Bethesda (i.e. if forcing a marriage breaks a quest Bethesda's not about to call it a glitch and fix it), I'd recommend this for a sticky. Good job.
#5Lord_BadmagicPosted 12/4/2011 5:52:36 AM
Teen Gohan posted...
***snip for brevity***

Very helpful post, curious, don't suppose there is a way to make a follower a coward, using the confidence command but also reducing their aggro to 0 so enemies would ignore them, if I must have a follower I would rather they were a page/mule rather than a suicidal tit.
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"
#6siuchePosted 12/4/2011 5:54:29 AM
There are still some points missing from your guide in regarding to adding NPC as companion I'm afraid.

You still need to set the NPC's aggression and behaviors for them to function properly in battle.

setav aggression 1
setav confidence 3

That should make your NPC more likely to engage in battle.

HOWEVER, still, your NPC will probably not be the same level as you are and does get killed very easily. Either you have to set them as essential, or use resurrect command to bring him / her. Upon resurrection, you will realize that the NPC will NOT join you as companion anymore, and he / she may or may not accept the codes mentioned above to rejoin you as companion.
#7DWCastles(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2011 6:10:39 AM(edited)
siuche posted...
There are still some points missing from your guide in regarding to adding NPC as companion I'm afraid.

You still need to set the NPC's aggression and behaviors for them to function properly in battle.

setav aggression 1
setav confidence 3

That should make your NPC more likely to engage in battle.

HOWEVER, still, your NPC will probably not be the same level as you are and does get killed very easily. Either you have to set them as essential, or use resurrect command to bring him / her. Upon resurrection, you will realize that the NPC will NOT join you as companion anymore, and he / she may or may not accept the codes mentioned above to rejoin you as companion.

Good point, I just made the changes to the second post, I knew I missed something important. There are actually console commands to level up your followers and their set specific skills/abilities, I just didn't add all that information because it would be really time consuming and tedious. Honestly, not looking for a sticky, I just wanted a rough version of these commands to be posted somewhere easily accessible.
---
#8Lord_BadmagicPosted 12/4/2011 6:23:57 AM
Guess I still need to wait for the CS. :(
---
#9DWCastles(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2011 7:33:18 AM(edited)
Lord_Badmagic posted...
Guess I still need to wait for the CS. :(

OH! Sorry, I completely missed you post. Ok, so here is one way to get what you want. You wouldn't mess with aggression or confidence. What you'd do is you add your follower to the faction you don't want attacking them.

IE: If you don't want Bandits/Warlocks/Draugs/Dremora attacking them, you'd click on THEM, and type:

Addtofaction 000E0CD9 1 - Bandit Faction
Addtofaction 000E0CDA 1 - Warlocks Faction
Addtofaction 000E0CDB 1 - Draugs Faction
Addtofaction 00043597 1 - Dremora Faction

You'd have to mess around with the faction codes, just type in the console...

Help faction 0... page up and you'll be able to see all the faction codes in the game.

Add the follower to the factions you don't want attacking them. As far as I know, there isn't an addallfactions console code, but there is a removeallfactions console code,(Don't fool around with removeallfactions. If you use it on merchants you lose the option to trade with them because you removed them from their faction). It might be tedious typing a majority of the factions in... but, if you did it, you'd get what you're looking for. If anyone has a better answer, feel free to post it.

Alternatively:(I don't know if this one works, but if it does, you might be able to avoid typing in 30+ faction codes.) You could try fooling around with 'setclass' and mess around with the AI type of your follower. The AI type determines how your follower fights other people, like if you set it to farmer they'll run away, if you set it to nightingale, they'll be a badass. The setclass section is the one I didn't type up yet, but as far as I know, there isn't a class that doesn't attack, or doesn't get attacked.
---
#10Lord_BadmagicPosted 12/4/2011 7:33:23 AM(edited)
Teen Gohan posted...
***spin for brevity***

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to try some tests, hopefully making someone like Lydia a member of the other factions wont force people like the vigilant of stendarr or city guards to attack them. If worst comes to worst I can wait for the CS but hopefully this will allow what I'm looking for, a page that knows to stay out of the way of my blade and carry my burdens. ;D
---