Do Smithing Potions stack?

#1redemptionerPosted 12/7/2011 3:57:42 PM
i.e. I have 100 in Smithing
+37% Smithing on apparel

and I know if I drink a potion +40%, I can create even better Legendary weapons
so does drinking more +40% potions stack? or is that the max I can get without getting more Smithing apparel
---
LawlzerPanzers!
#2SushiSquidPosted 12/7/2011 4:03:11 PM(edited)
No.

Edit: Let me clarfiy that. Not only will potions with the same name not stack, but all Fortify Smithing potions will not stack with one another. Whichever is highest takes precedence. I think all Fortify Skill potions work this way. Enchantments that fortify a skill will stack though, and they'll stack with a single potion.
#3NeoSonoPosted 12/7/2011 4:04:00 PM
no they dont stack but you could take a fortify restoration potion which will enhance the stats on your +smithing gear. just make sure you reequip it after taking the potion.
using alchemy gear and using mentioned potions you can get really hight fortify enchanting potions.

its as game breaking as the potions from morrwind really...
#4redemptioner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2011 4:06:02 PM
NeoSono posted...
no they dont stack but you could take a fortify restoration potion which will enhance the stats on your +smithing gear. just make sure you reequip it after taking the potion.

isn't that exploiting a glitch tho? I'd rather not use exploits
so I guess the best way is to enchant apparel with Smithing then
---
LawlzerPanzers!
#5RPGphreakPosted 12/7/2011 4:07:18 PM
What's this I hear about Restoration affecting +Smithing gear? Because my crafting set is a combination of Alchemy/Smithing at +29% each. Are you saying that I can get it even higher?
---
"Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details."
#6NeoSonoPosted 12/7/2011 4:09:51 PM
yes.
mix a fortify restoration potion with your alchemy gear and take it and you'll notice that the gear now shoudl give +66% just reequip and craft a new potion and so on...
yes, that is an exploit and a big one, which should be fixed imho.
#7RPGphreakPosted 12/7/2011 4:11:36 PM
Oh well then I'll pass on the exploit :D

Was just curious if there was a secret in game knowledge I didn't know about. Like in pokemon if you used Stomp on a pokemon that uses Minimize it does double damage.
---
"Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details."
#8redemptioner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2011 4:11:37 PM
if I'm going to exploit, i'd might as well just use the console - it's easier
but I prefer to do it legitimately
---
LawlzerPanzers!
#9NeoSonoPosted 12/7/2011 4:15:26 PM
they obviously tried to limit the value on the potions and on the gear but seem to have missed the restoration poitions having an effect on enchantments. otherwise you can't get higher than +29 % and +32% for potions.