Blindsighted (Spoilers and Bugs)

#1Sir_ThomasPosted 12/8/2011 9:46:56 AM
There have been several posts on this topic. This is the Thieves Guild quest where you have to find and stop/kill Mercer Frey, while retrieving the Skeleton Key, Falmer Eyes, and escape a flood of rushing water with your two companions: Karliah and Brynjolf.

Some people have had the problem where Mercer Frey freezes instead of attacking. I didn't have that problem. I killed Frey; retrieved the quest objects, but I was unable to speak to Karliah. She keeps repeating that we need to get out of here, but I cannot enter into dialogue with her. I did escape through the tunnel, but neither Brynjolf or Karliah followed. Any ideas? Should I use setstage tgo8b 200 to get the bow?
#2strongholdxPosted 12/8/2011 9:49:22 AM
It couldn't hurt, You're nearly done with the quest anyway. I didn't have any problems with the quest so I can't give too much guidance
---
www.herocraftonline.com
The best Minecraft RPG server out there
#3Sir_Thomas(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 11:45:33 AM
Yes, setstage tg08b 200 gives you the Nightingale Bow, and it allows Karliah and Brynjolf to escape from the flooded chamber.
#4Sir_Thomas(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 4:31:56 PM
I have a Hired Muscle quest that I cannot complete. The person just keeps repeating: "You're not supposed to be in here." Any idea what code I would need to complete that? I can't get any more Companion quests without completing this one.
#5Sir_Thomas(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2011 7:45:59 AM
Haven't tried it yet, but to fix Hired Muscle requires typing: Setstage cr04 100. Anyone else discovered this or had this problem?
#6SubterfugePosted 12/12/2011 7:53:35 PM
I am having a similar issue, except I was able to complete the quest (with much help from console commands, since it was a huge buggy mess throughout) but I never got the next quest "Darkness Returns" activated in my quest log. I went to the Twilight Sepulcher anyways, hoping it would work, and of course, the door is locked and I can't proceed. Any idea what i would need to do to get this quest in my journal and started?

Where/how are you finding out the quest ID's?
---
i know I can change the future, but I'd rather change the past.
#7SubterfugePosted 12/12/2011 7:58:47 PM
nvm. uesp.net has the id's and stages listed for most quests. Here is the one for Darkness Returns, in case other people are having the same problem as me.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Darkness_Returns

Such a disappointment that the final two TG quests are so buggy....
---
#8SubterfugePosted 12/12/2011 8:05:16 PM
hmm...that didn't work. Is there some sort of command to START a quest? I know there is one that starts every single quest in the game, but that isn't really what I'm looking for. I just want to start this one quest and get it done.
---