What is the dreamsleeve amd what was the tribunal's involvement with it?

#1pies12Posted 12/17/2011 6:03:40 PM
The only mention of it on the wiki was in the vivec article but it did no more than mention it.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#2SexualPizzaPosted 12/17/2011 6:30:56 PM
The dreamsleeve is basically the place mortals go when the die, where they lose all of their memories and are "recycled" into a new person.

Not sure exactly what the Tribunal's involvement was. If I find something I'll post.
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#3pies12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2011 7:10:27 PM
How does that fit with sovengarde?
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#4DesperPosted 12/17/2011 7:12:50 PM
I'm pretty sure just unremarkable people go into the dreamsleeve. My understanding is that Sovengarde is just for Nord heroes like the Tongues and Ysgramor. People who worship particular Daedra and Aedra go to their respective realms and whatnot.
---
Bunny Factory has got the sounds that you want in your face!
bunnyfactory.bandcamp.com
#5Mythos120Posted 12/17/2011 7:13:32 PM
pies12 posted...
How does that fit with sovengarde?

I'm far from a lore expert, so I'm expecting a lore expert to come in and call me an idiot, but I'm assuming that if you "qualify" for a special place (Sovngarde for great Nord heroes, Hircine's realm for werewolves, etc) you go there, and otherwise you get recycled. I'm probably wrong.
#6Lucavi00Posted 12/17/2011 7:14:20 PM

I'm pretty sure just unremarkable people go into the dreamsleeve. My understanding is that Sovengarde is just for Nord heroes like the Tongues and Ysgramor. People who worship particular Daedra and Aedra go to their respective realms and whatnot.

I'm sure Sovngarde is simply for all nords in general. As the guy who got beheaded at Solitude said he was goin to Sovngarde. He seemed like a nobody to me.

Now I agree that any kinda daedra influence will send you to their realm.

Biggest case in point is Kodlak of the Companions.
---
As a tank, doing heroics is like a single player game. I just do my own thing while my AI buddies help me out.
-Wyand_Voidbring on pugging heroics.
#7Brenz0rPosted 12/17/2011 7:27:56 PM(edited)
The Dreamsleeve is like a needle going through the Mundus. Picture reality as a wheel, with Mundus/Nirn as the hub. The Aedric Earth Bones are the spokes of the wheel, and the gaps between the spokes are the Realms of Oblivion. The Dreamsleeve goes right through the middle - through the Mundus. It's this Wheel that you leave and turn on its side to see the "I" when you reach CHIM.

When a mortal dies, their soul goes into the Dreamsleeve. There it experiences its own form of afterlife (in accordance with what it believes in, so if you believe in Shor and truly believe your death was valiant you go to Sovngarde), while its soul is recycled, turned into the clean soul-stuff, and then spat out the other end into a new body. The only way to not experience this is to either be immortal or swear your soul to a Daedra Prince. Upon death, that Prince will get your soul instead.

The Dreamsleeve is also in a way where you go when you sleep, so all sleepers touch the afterlife when they dream.

The Tribunal has no particular connection to the Dreamsleeve. Dagoth Ur does - sort of. It's owing to his unique position, killed at Red Mountain yet through his connection with the Heart surviving, after a fashion. He is outside of reality, awake in the Dreamsleeve (when you're in it, you are "asleep" but Dagoth Ur is not), and dreaming of reality. Going any further than that into what Dagoth Ur was gets a bit more complex, though (though it does explain his ultimate goal).

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/when-dead-gods-dream

That talks about his situation a bit.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#8BhelliumPosted 12/17/2011 7:30:14 PM
So where do atheists go?

You know there's at least one.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#9Brenz0rPosted 12/17/2011 7:32:41 PM
Bhellium posted...
So where do atheists go?

You know there's at least one.

Dreamsleeve.

Oh, and before I forget, the Dreamsleeve was dreamed up (pun not intended) in the days of Battlespire, where it was also used as a conduit for transmissions (if it could be reached by meditating), for images and concepts that aren't real (in a sense, your imagination). So you can use it to send messages to and from distant places... if you know how.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#10psyko_69Posted 12/17/2011 7:51:12 PM
Lucavi00 posted...
I'm sure Sovngarde is simply for all nords in general. As the guy who got beheaded at Solitude said he was goin to Sovngarde. He seemed like a nobody to me.

Now I agree that any kinda daedra influence will send you to their realm.

Biggest case in point is Kodlak of the Companions.

I think you have to prove your worth to get into these places.

***SPOILERS***

Rogvir wasn't in Sovengarde, he was likely just saying it to spite his executioners. However, people of great worth, like Kodlak, Ulfric, and his general, along with the King, were in Sovengarde. The soldier there died heroically in battle.

Basically it is a realm for heroes, most of them Nord (Tsun still offers you entry, regardless of race).

To escape the Dreamsleeve, your life has to have worth essentially. If it is valuable to a Daedra, Aedra, other deity (IIRC, Shor is Sheoth/Lorkhan, could have that wrong), or your life was of some other value, you will go to any Heaven/Plane of Oblivion and keep your identity. If you hadn't earned a place in the afterlife, you essentially get to try again.

As to what happens if more than one entity has claim to your soul/you've earned the afterlife in more than one Plane, I don't think this has yet been made clear. Perhaps you get to choose.
---
Crap, thats a dilemma if ive ever heard one.
On the one hand, you get Skyrim early, on the other, you have to live in Arkansas.-Jadex9