Will Hired Thugs Keep Attacking Me?

#1barneypwnedyouPosted 12/26/2011 6:15:38 AM
So I killed Hilde, Sven's mother because I was really bored.
She took an arrow to the head and died. I was hidden, killed her from the balcony of the Riverwood trader.
At night, 3 hired thugs came to me. The Guards didn't help instead they ran away. I was In Riverwood. I managed to kill the thugs and found out that Sven sent them. Then, I killed Sven. I was so shocked since it was the first time meeting Thugs.

So, will the Hired thugs keep attacking me?
Or
If I didn't kill Sven he will keep sending me Hired thugs?
#2LeatherhidePosted 12/26/2011 6:20:05 AM
Hired thugs happen randomly and anyone can hire them whether you steal or kill someone. Even when they couldn't have known. The weirdest thing is, that the one that hired the thugs will still be friendly to you (if they were friendly to you from the start).
---
Fallout 3 isn't Oblivion with guns, it's Fallout 3 with Guns.
#3Immortal GJKPosted 12/26/2011 6:23:18 AM
The Librarian in the college sent thugs after me because I picked the lock on a chest I found up there. I killed them all - right in front of the college - then stole all their stuff and went back to give the librarian dude a mean look. Wearing, I like to believe, their leader's face as a hat.

He didn't do it again.

(long story short it's probably a one off thing)
---
I realised earlier I didn't know what my own signature was
#4barneypwnedyou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 6:29:00 AM
Oh okay. I was worried someone will send me hired thugs again and again until I kill the person sending them.

Yeah when I spoke to Sven he's still friendly but I killed him nevertheless using the powers of a thane as I was so shocked .
But I surely regret it though I can't make him a Blades.
---
Sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language :D *peace*
#5red_ice9Posted 12/26/2011 7:22:33 AM
I'm curious if anyone has encountered Hired thugs more than once. I've played multiple characters, 2 of them encountered the Hired thugs only once, others haven't.

DB Assassins are very frequent though. But you don't find out who sends them anyway.
---
Perfection is an illusion; Aberrations are discoveries.
#6doompickulPosted 12/29/2011 1:39:19 PM
I've encountered many hired thugs who attempted to kill me throughout my Skyrim experience. Someone usually hires a thug to try to kill you, if you've done crimes against the people of Skyrim, like stealing, or killing, etc. These thugs are quite easy to kill, though, so you don't need to worry. I found that the Dark Brotherhood assassins will try to go after you alot too, but if you join them, they will stop.
#7Sima YiPosted 12/29/2011 3:18:54 PM
I've never encountered hired thugs more than once on a single playthrough.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/MrEdge
#8Avenger1324Posted 12/29/2011 3:41:41 PM

Leatherhide posted...
Hired thugs happen randomly and anyone can hire them whether you steal or kill someone. Even when they couldn't have known. The weirdest thing is, that the one that hired the thugs will still be friendly to you (if they were friendly to you from the start).

That seems to be the case.  Hrongar sent thugs after me, and while I had been stealing stuff from his room he wasn't in the map at the time, I didn't get seen and didn't have any bounty from it.  Bit random, but I killed the thugs with ease and sold their kit for a profit.  Spoke with Hrongar afterwards and he acted like it had never happened.

#9IqarP15Posted 12/29/2011 3:44:00 PM
mostly I ran into the same 3 npcs posing as imperials and then they wanting 100g and I just keep killing them and only ran into the hired thugs once.
---
"SPOILERS"...
#10cassiya2Posted 1/3/2012 9:01:23 AM
I've only come across them once. They chased me from town to town for a few in-game days, then I got attacked by a dragon just outside of Riften and it took care of them for me. Only one survived the dragon's fire and I finished him off easily.