Enchanting, Crafting & Smithing Cap?

#1MooythemanPosted 12/26/2011 11:03:45 PM
Is there a limit on the bonus you can get for smithing, crafting, and enchanting?

I feel you could make potion that enchances smithing. Use smithing to create enhance enchanting. Use enchanting to make bonus crafting equipment.

And then just keep repeating?!

Or is there a hard bonus cap
---
Spartacus, are you afraid to die?
Only as much as I was to be born!
#2SupremeZeroPosted 12/26/2011 11:06:54 PM
There's a limit on the RELEVANT bonus for smithing (500-something is max usable armor). I dunno about the rest.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#3ExocratPosted 12/26/2011 11:07:36 PM
There's a cap. I believe it's +32% Fortify Alchemy or Fortify Smithing on each piece of enchanted gear, +29% for the Fortify Enchant potion, and +130% for the Fortify Smithing potion. I could have some of those numbers mixed up.

This is without the restoration loop that you can use to get any percentage bonus. It's an exploit and I'm not familiar with how it works.
#4ExocratPosted 12/26/2011 11:09:52 PM
SupremeZero posted...
There's a limit on the RELEVANT bonus for smithing (500-something is max usable armor). I dunno about the rest.

Weapons don't have a max, so you can smith them to Oblivion if you want. As for armor, better smithing lets you get max armor out of cheaper sets, so if you want you can avoid spending perks too far up one side of the smithing tree.
#5HyperlordBenderPosted 12/26/2011 11:14:23 PM(edited)
You cannot enchant "Fortify Enchanting" enchantments, so you'll need alchemy to buff your enchanting.

There is a cap, but your numbers are off. For enchantments on items, the cap is 49% for fortification bonuses such as for weaponry. Without the alchemy loop, and using 25% enchant elixirs found in stores, the cap is 45%.

You can also break the cap via an exploit or the console.
#6Feanor23Posted 12/26/2011 11:26:44 PM
I got Fortify Enchanting potions up to +37%, smithing potions up to, I think +147%. And I think the fortify alchemy/smithing gear I got up to +28%. Without using an cheats/glitches.
---
Wii RB2 FC: 2219 8215 7294
#7ExocratPosted 12/26/2011 11:44:49 PM
According to this page, http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Smithing, the caps are: 37% for the Fortify Enchanting potion, 29% for the Fortify Smithing and Fortify Alchemy enchants, and 147% for the Fortify Smithing potion.

These numbers all assume the Falmer Helmet glitch (you get to wear the Falmer Helmet as well as a circlet, and have enchants on both).