GOTY Edition ETA?

#1Iffy350Posted 12/28/2011 3:11:06 PM

So, when do you think there will be a game of the year edition of Skyrim. I was hoping Q1 or Q2 of next year. Do you think they will release an expansion pack for skyrim? I think they will, Bethesda has a pretty good track record of releasing expansion packs for there more recent elderscrolls games and fallout 3. The real question is when will there be an expansion pack.

#2GSWarriors-Posted 12/28/2011 3:12:30 PM
Iffy350 posted...
So, when do you think there will be a game of the year edition of Skyrim. I was hoping Q1 or Q2 of next year. Do you think they will release an expansion pack for skyrim? I think they will, Bethesda has a pretty good track record of releasing expansion packs for there more recent elderscrolls games and fallout 3. The real question is when will there be an expansion pack.

next yr is 4 more days...there is no way in hell they will release goty edition within the next 6 months
#3Freedan12Posted 12/28/2011 3:15:02 PM
If you honestly think a GOTY will be out in Q1 or Q2. . . . you know, I was gonna write something witty, but I digress.
#4Iffy350(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2011 3:16:40 PM

I mean, its not like bethesda is currently doing anything. Six months isn't that unbleviable.

#5Iffy350(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2011 3:19:44 PM

I cannot edit or delete my pervious message. It took Benthesda two years to release New Vegas. I thought the turn around time for that was less than one year. I guess I might as well buy this game on steam if I am going to have to wait two years for an expansion pack or an added content GOTY edition.

#6Freedan12Posted 12/28/2011 3:20:53 PM
Iffy350 posted...
I mean, its not like bethesda is currently doing anything. Six months isn't that unbleviable.

GOTY edition is a way for companies to squeeze every last cent they can get out of a game. They aren't going to release a GOTY until the normal version and all of its DLC are done selling.

So in about 2 yrs at the earliest. But since the World is gonna end on Dec 23, 2012, you won't be seeing a Skyrim GOTY ever.
#7Iffy350(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2011 3:22:44 PM

Freedan12 posted...
Iffy350 posted...

GOTY edition is a way for companies to squeeze every last cent they can get out of a game. They aren't going to release a GOTY until the normal version and all of its DLC are done selling.

So in about 2 yrs at the earliest. But since the World is gonna end on Dec 23, 2012, you won't be seeing a Skyrim GOTY ever.

Thats flawed logic on the part of game developers. They call it the game of the year edition yet the release that version of the game several years after the fact.

#8Lucavi00Posted 12/28/2011 3:29:19 PM

It has always been bethesdas unspoken rule to release GOTY after at least 4 DLC packs are out.

FO3 was the same, ES4 was the same too with Knights of the nine, mehrunes razor, shivering isles and some of the other packs.

Fallout new vegas is coming out with its GOTY next year as well. It also had 4 DLC packs.

See a trend?
---
As a tank, doing heroics is like a single player game. I just do my own thing while my AI buddies help me out.
-Wyand_Voidbring on pugging heroics.
#9IronMonkey008Posted 12/28/2011 3:34:58 PM
There isn't even any DLC yet, a goty edition is going to be very far from now. I wanted to wait for that as well but with the sale they had it was pointless to wait.

If you buy it now wait until the final day to see if there is an encore sale and if Skyrim will be one of them. Or if it doesn't get yourself a Skyrim or Bethesda coupon from someone to use after the sale.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#10LordOfLegaciesPosted 12/28/2011 3:41:16 PM
Iffy350 posted...
I cannot edit or delete my pervious message. It took Benthesda two years to release New Vegas. I thought the turn around time for that was less than one year. I guess I might as well buy this game on steam if I am going to have to wait two years for an expansion pack or an added content GOTY edition.

Bethesda didn't make New Vegas...
---
"Anti-religion quote from some famous writer or scientist." - Every quote desktop wallpaper ever