Alduin's Wall Blood Seal Problem

#1JoaldaPosted 12/30/2011 3:48:47 PM
I'm currently trying to finish the quest "Alduin's Wall" but when I try to activate the blood seal in the room with the giant face nothing happens! Does anybody know what the hell is going on or how to fix this?
#2FeatherwindPosted 12/30/2011 4:02:51 PM
I don't know about that particular problem but it often seems that unusual scenes in the TES games have tendency to break, well, without any good reason. Usually reloading from an earlier save helps though preferably before entering that area.

If you still can't get through after you have reloaded try glitching yourself through the wall or type "tcl" in the console, walk through it and use the command again to deactivate the ghost mode. Save before you do any of these things though since the quest might also break from this. If there is no specific quest objective regarding the action or it gets fulfilled but you can't continue these usually help.
#3Joalda(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 6:09:43 PM
Well, i'm an idiot and I didn't keep a save before I entered and I have already tried to use the ghost mode to get through the wall but I think that for the quest to progress I need to use that blood seal. And I really don't want to start another save because I have 60 hours played on this one.
#4scythe655Posted 12/30/2011 6:11:48 PM
use the console to advance the quest to the next stage.
it should alter the world and the actors to the next stage as well.
the only thing you'll miss is the cutscene and story from that small part.
check uesp for the quest stages.
#5joefitts63Posted 12/30/2011 6:13:53 PM
Joalda posted...
Well, i'm an idiot and I didn't keep a save before I entered and I have already tried to use the ghost mode to get through the wall but I think that for the quest to progress I need to use that blood seal. And I really don't want to start another save because I have 60 hours played on this one.

If you have 60 hours played and don't have at least 30 saves, you need to seriously reconsider your save strategy.
---
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack
#6Strawberry_JumPosted 12/30/2011 7:35:50 PM
Are you actually getting the 'activate' prompt? I was stuck here for half an hour until I realised I had to point my camera straight down in the middle of the circle and crouch to get the prompt.
---
Here is a welcome. It's yours. You can have it. That's your welcome. You're welcome. -dakotah1978
This topic is false. We all know girls are a myth. - JonSan
#7Joalda(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 7:51:51 PM
@scythe655
Thanks! The "setstage" command got me through the quest and I can finally finish the rest of the main quest.

@joefitts63
That's why i'm a f*****g idiot. I usually just quicksave but now I think I will constatly be making new saves in case something like this comes up again.