need help getting old saves to work

#1Handful_of_CogPosted 2/25/2012 8:56:54 PM

With all of the newer mods out I wanted to reinstall skyrim today so I deleted everything (skyrim and nmm but I saved a copy of my saves file) from my pc and wanted to start with a fresh install of skyrim to mod. So now I go to load up my old save and it instantly kicks me to desktop. I can start a new game just cant load my old ones. The mods I was using were mostly graphic related. Does anyone know a way to get them to work again?  

#2Handful_of_Cog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2012 9:27:31 PM

anyone have any ideas, my wife is pretty pissed at me its the only game she has ever played and she has 100+ hours

#3BigJeffreyLanePosted 2/25/2012 10:26:39 PM
ok, this might sound bad, but go into your folder with teh skyrim and skyrimpref ini files, make a copy of them somewhere else and then delete the originals (or jsut cut them and paste them) and then start a new game, play til it makes the first save, when you get off the cart, and hten log out and try loading your original save.
#4Handful_of_Cog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2012 11:01:27 PM

I think I figured it out the last couple of saves probably got corrupted. we only ended up losing a couple hours each save so it looks like Im off the couch tonight