Aspect of Peryite

#11cqmodelsPosted 3/5/2012 1:59:44 PM
I haven't started the quest yet , when I saved I'm inJorrvaskr, he says something about inhaling fumes . and then as above .....
#12thenewcthulhu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2012 9:44:17 PM
Yes, the same thing happened to me, I have not fixed this, and now it seems my game has been corrupted. Oddly, I looked at all of my mods, and none of them mentioned this problem in comments. (I only use workshop mods) I also deleted all mods that said they have major bugs, or that have not been updated recently. So, I am not sure what this is. I am sorry. If I get any information I will post.
---
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -
#13thenewcthulhu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2012 10:32:46 PM
These are my recently downloaded mods.

Better Follower Improvements

Subscribed on: Mar 5, 2012 @ 11:29pm
Last Updated: Feb 27, 2012 @ 8:49am

TESV: Journeys: Black Marsh

Subscribed on: Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:02pm
Last Updated: Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:44am

Marriage Mod WIP

Subscribed on: Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:57pm
Last Updated: Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:58pm

Moonpath to southern tropical Elsweyr (previously the anvil)

Subscribed on: Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:44pm
Last Updated: Mar 4, 2012 @ 6:04pm

Zelda - Skyrim Modification

Subscribed on: Mar 4, 2012 @ 1:40pm
Last Updated: Feb 21, 2012 @ 6:08am

Riverwood Expanded BETA

Subscribed on: Mar 4, 2012 @ 1:26pm
Last Updated: Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:43am

Elvenwood

Subscribed on: Mar 4, 2012 @ 1:03pm
Last Updated: Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:49pm

Throwing Knives

Subscribed on: Mar 4, 2012 @ 1:02pm
Last Updated: Mar 5, 2012 @ 5:58pm

The Bearded Clam
Subscribed on: Mar 4, 2012 @ 4:29am
Last Updated: Mar 1, 2012 @ 8:06am
---
#14104251Posted 3/6/2012 11:01:55 AM
thenewcthulhu, hmm... None of those mods you've listed are similar to mine. So maybe those aren't the mods that cause this issue.
Ohh Bethesda with it's secret tinkering... Maybe we should wait (they fixed arse-flying dragons after all) and put our characters on the shelf for now. I'll go play as a sneaky kitty-cat.
#15thenewcthulhu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 11:59:08 AM
Actually, if you start a new character, you will have the same problem, just at the start.
---
#16104251Posted 3/6/2012 1:07:48 PM
Interesting... I don't have that problem. I can start a new char just fine...
And load some old savegames too... Everybody's games are messed up a bit differently i think.
Wierd stuff.

We should all go to Todd Howard's backyard, shoot some arrows, scare some chicken, fus-ro-dah his cat... Then he looks out of the window and is all like "Hmm lol I guess Skyrim is broken again, gonna go fix it"
#17RevelationnsPosted 3/7/2012 11:35:13 AM
Hi guys.. i had the same problem here but fixed it in a very un-conventional way.. before i encountered this problem, I un-subscribed from the mod

Arena III
by SavaGhost on the steam workshop

After this, Aspect of Peryite's dialogue showed up and not even fus ro dah could get rid of it...

I simply re-subscribed to the mod... and the game works fine... however tried and tested, if i set it not to load through data files.. Aspect of Peryite's will appear again... So a downside, i cant get rid of this mod!

Is this mod a similar case for all of you guys? if not, are their any mod's you have recently un-installed? try and re-install them... if we all report and log our progress here we can figure out wat all these mod's/other issues have in common and try to find a solution...
#18104251Posted 3/8/2012 1:00:17 AM
Yes, I had the Arena III mod. I subscribed again, downloaded it, and nothing changed. I also tried to download it from Nexus, with the same result.

too bad I have 40+ mods, most of them are from Nexus, and I change them, so its hard to keep track of what I have uninstalled.
#19RevelationnsPosted 3/8/2012 8:06:39 PM
@104251

Ewww.. of course, Skyrim isnt gonna let it be a simple matter...

Have you got Boss and Wrye Bash? Together this duo sort's your mods, alerts of conflicts, ensures to restore everything to the way it was when you uninstall a mod... e.t.c.

If not, try installing them, i will post the links below... Install Boss first, pay close attention to the installation guidelines, your putting it alongside the data folder, not in it... Once installed, dont open it up just yet... install Wyre Bash.. then find Boss within your Skyrim directory and open it up..

It should list all your mods and provide any advice needed.. but also i found wen i installed it, it automatically cleaned up wat was actually abit of a mess.. After i did the above, i closed down the window and launched Skyrim. However instead of telling me all my steam workshop mods were up-to-date, it re-downloaded them all. (no data has been lost)

Just incase my nexus mods also un-installed, i just de-activated them all, and then re-activated them.. All my mods are working fine...

The idea here, is basically to defrag your mods... give the data folder abit of a clean.

I will keep theorising =)

Links:

Boss: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6

Wyre Bash: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1840
#20RevelationnsPosted 3/15/2012 6:53:09 AM
Update: Fixed Issue

So realising for me the problem was with this mod i had un-installed i figured i had to get rid of it fully.. simply un-subscribing doesnt do the job.

I decided to completly un-install and re-install mods and Skyrim. Under the "Mods" tab of the nexus mod manager, you can highlight the mods you want to keep, and on the left panel select the "Get missing mod info" (Giant i with a + symbol) You will see this brings up a window and in one of the boxes is the web link to the specific website... Save this link in a word document and repeat with all mods you want to keep organising them in a list 2 make things easier.

With Steam Workshop mods, i found the best way was to copy and paste the name of the mod as well as the name of the modder. This way you can use the search box function and confirm youve found the right mod by cross-referencing the modders name. If however like me you find the search box to be absolute rubbish sometimes, search the modders name within the steam community.. once at his profile you can find the mods he has uploaded under the "workshop" hyperlink (right hand side near games he plays n stuff)

Once i had done the above, i de-activated and un-subscribed... then "deleted local content" via right clicking skyrim in steam library (this seems 2 be the way u un-install skyrim). Once that process was finished, i backed up my save files.. I then went to my skyrim directory... Programme files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common. And proceded to delete the Skyrim folder then empty the recycle bin...

With Skyrim gone, i then re-installed it and all my mods.. and Hazar!! No aspect of Peryite and the cursed Arean III mod was no more! =D

Hope this helps =)